That's it from me......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, cheerio folks. It was good whilst it lasted.......

As a direct result of personal comments from other members a few days ago I will be taking my leave of you. I shall leave my "How to Build a Shed" post for a while, but will clear out old images in due course.

Enjoy your woodworking, and the GTG in Kent next week (sorry Tom, I'll give that a miss......hope it goes well). Build your shed's properly, and don't buy too many planes.

Cheers

Mike

Mike - you'll be really missed mate, are you sure you can't reconsider?

Miles

yeah i agree mike dont do it - you and i dont always see eye to eye (especially on the value of a lathe in the workshop ;) ) but i always respect your opinion and value your posts even when i dont agree with them.

If you really want to chip, why not just take a break for a bit and let the waters calm down and ruffled feathers smooth over...

Mike, this seems a little OTT. I can't tell you how many times I've received similar 'flack' on here. Whether it's right or wrong, you just shrug it off and get on with it. From time to time we have to remember that we come here to talk about woodworking. All the other stuff is optional, including banter. I'd really like you to re-think and at least continue to join in with the woodworking threads.

At very least come to the bash next week. You'll be amongst friends. I was looking forward to seeing you.

I'll keep in touch whatever you do.

My Grandmother used to drum this into us

"If you seek someone elses approval-you will become their victim",

turn a blind eye m8, and stick with the rest of us, your input is 99% valid within this site.

jimi has a very apt line in his signature for these situations

"be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind"

I'm not aware of the flack you must have received to make this decision. It must have been truly awful to have drawn this response from you. If you feel you must leave then I am sorry, I almost feel I should apologise for the events which have resulted in this action.

Although I have not needed your professional help in respect of building, I have learnt much which will remain with me. Thank you.

Please reconsider.

xy mosian

That's rather a shame as the forum strength is listening /considering different opinions.
If we all agreed, this would be a boring place.

I frequently disagree with you Mike but you have been a good knowledgeable poster & I have learned from you.

Best wishes & maybe one day you might consider returning.

xy mosian":1y39h4gb said:
I'm not aware of the flack you must have received to make this decision. It must have been truly awful to have drawn this response from you. If you feel you must leave then I am sorry, I almost feel I should apologise for the events which have resulted in this action.

Although I have not needed your professional help in respect of building, I have learnt much which will remain with me. Thank you.

Please reconsider.

xy mosian

I think this was to do with the "irish jokes" thread, but i didnt see anything bad nough to warrant mike chipping the site - but maybe the argument went to pm or summat , who knows

Could this be turned into a poll, where we vote for who we wish to keep? Seriously.

SBJ":1p76gl62 said:
Could this be turned into a poll, where we vote for who we wish to keep? Seriously.

sounds like some awful reality tv concept - big woodworker :sick:

personally i wouldnt like to see any of the protagonists leave over something like this - its one of those Forum things where stuff gets blown up much more than it would if we were all sitting in a pub somewhere.

clearly mike has been hurt/upset/anmgered by what has been said but they are all big boys so surely its not too late to kiss and make up

If you want to go then go but I think it a little low to name names and citing them as the reason for doing so. Seems like a cheap parting dig to me.
So people disagreed with you, as strongly as you disagreed with them, so what? That's life.
To be honest I expected better of you.

Come on Mike, you big drama queen. We were all looking forward to seeing that hideous "sharks mouth" conservatory seating :lol:

Cheers

Karl

That's a shame Mike, I was looking forward to meeting you next week and I have enjoyed your sense of humour.

Simon

The statistics at the bottom of my screen currently say "We have 5953 registered users"

So getting upset by .033596% of the membership is cause to leave? Good luck finding somewhere more congenial.

You'll be missed.

Remember the "If only...." thread. I said I wanted to be a pilot. What I didn't say is that I also wanted to study human psychology. Discussion forums are just a whole new playground, especially goodbye posts. I feel almost tortured by unpicking what is playing out in the posters mind - why bother saying goodbye when clearly disgruntled with the forum? You'd think feeling compelled to say goodbye plays out in to realising that you care enough to want to stay?! Wierd, eh??!

Unfortunately I don't think I would may a good psychiatrist though. I'm prone to being a little too direct at times...

FFS Mike, it's a forum. I've never seen this side to you in any of your previous posts. I'm disappointed - I feel as though you've let me down. Go do something to flush your brain, I dunno, build me a workshop of something if absolutely necessary.

Whatever you do, come back in a few days and tell us you were drunk when you made this whimpering post. Any excuse will do - we'll buy it.

Oh, and even though you said goodbye etc... We all know you're checking back on this thread :wink:

C'mon - you know you wanna laugh!

Mike - please stay.
That thread was hideous, and some of the comments made against you were deeply offensive, but stay and fight the corner of intelligent and decent posting.

matt":1tlkjmd9 said:
OK, I'm having his avatar :lol:

You snooze you lose!

now that's just wrong :D

I wonder what that says about you physcologically speaking :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back