That's it from me......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this Mike. Won't you reconsider this decision? We all have our disagreements, that's what makes us human and interesting. Will be sorry to see you go mate.

To Mike G,

I must say that your contribution to this site is immeasurable: your flawless professional advice, maturity, humour and calming influence is a cornerstone of this forum and is rarely matched by others.

I will sorely miss your posts and can only assume that something really nasty has occurred to force someone with your degree of composure to feel that you must terminate your engagement. I naturally encourage you to reconsider but respect your decision either way.

A sad day.

Chris

Mike, this forum really won't be the same without you. I saw those comments in the other thread and feared that at least one person could end up leaving... (It's happened before!) I just didn't think it would be you though, I doubt there's anything we could do to change your mind right now. :(

I'm sure you will always be welcome back should you decide to make a U-turn - you've got that 'perfect' workshop to build, after all! :wink:

If nothing else, I hope this will leave you with more free time to spend in the workshop! :D

matt":2iimdj3h said:
Remember the "If only...." thread. I said I wanted to be a pilot. What I didn't say is that I also wanted to study human psychology. Discussion forums are just a whole new playground, especially goodbye posts. I feel almost tortured by unpicking what is playing out in the posters mind - why bother saying goodbye when clearly disgruntled with the forum? You'd think feeling compelled to say goodbye plays out in to realising that you care enough to want to stay?! Wierd, eh??!

I was also thinking the same thing. There's no doubt he will be looking back over this thread and Mike knows he is still highly regarded around here for all his advice and the contributions he's made in the past eighteen-months. I imagine most regular posters would've also made a similar 'announcement'; it is better than slipping quietly out the back door.

One day, he will be back! :wink:

Mike, idon't know what was said, and frankly I don't care. I have not needed your excellent advice - yet, but I have noted the quality of your answers to various, and many, people.
Your decision to leave is yours, but IMVHO the forum will lose a lot by your going and I, for one, would be pleased if you would reconsider.
The Laird

Have I missed something?

Don't go Mike; you're a top bloke.

A thought occurs to me though; if you're this easily upset how did you survive the rough and tumble of the dressing room for all those years?

Yes, take no notice of them. We even have a few over there (naming no names) :roll:

Aw, come on guys. Let's not make this any worse than it already is, eh?

Mike, I really hope that the support you see in this thread persuades you to change your mind.

Cheers
Steve

mr grimsdale":3dunepj8 said:
Yes, take no notice of the pineapples! We even have a few over there (naming no names) :roll:

Well the truth outs. I seem to remember that you were banned for your gob.

Can someone tell me what I have said that is so up setting?

Cheers

Mike

I can understand how you feel Mike.

Some people take it for granted that people who take the time to post on the forums are flesh and blood, with feelings, who are trying to help others....
as one poster said to me on line,'It's only cyberspace, only comments, it's not the real world' ( or words akin to that)
Because people can hide behind a mask on these sites, they say and do things they would not say or do in face to face situations.
If they did they would have their lights punched out!

I for one see this as a type of bullying.
In any other walk of life it would have resulted in prosecution.
It is not acceptable.
The moderators are happy to make comments now, but they themselves should have stopped the thread to prevent an experienced and dedicated thoughtful man take this sort of action.

Shame on all concerned, and lets hope a lesson has been learned, although I doubt it.

Mike.C":2e8gf8bj said:

Cheers

Mike

Having read the thread over, several times now, I can't see anything that you said that warrants the flack you appear to be getting from some people.
I think they are just using it as an excuse for a dig, the target is immaterial they just enjoy jumping on a bandwagon as they have no original thoughts of their own.

I agree Studders.

Just ignore it Mike.

Cheers

Karl

studders":1mycric4 said:
Mike.C":1mycric4 said:

Cheers

Mike

Having read the thread over, several times now, I can't see anything that you said that warrants the flack you appear to be getting from some people.
I think they are just using it as an excuse for a dig, the target is immaterial they just enjoy jumping on a bandwagon as they have no original thoughts of their own.

Karl wrote:

I agree Studders.

Just ignore it Mike.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks to you both.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C - I thought it was some deleted posts of yours so perhaps, if these were not directed at Mike, others may be making similar assumptions - which would be unfair.

matt":27a0b4ft said:
Mike.C - I thought it was some deleted posts of yours so perhaps, if these were not directed at Mike, others may be making similar assumptions - which would be unfair.

No Matt I was half asking and half complaining why the Irish Joke thread had been locked, but as soon as Noel the moderator pointed out the error of my ways, ie the rules state that you should not start another thread about one that had been locked I tried to remove the thread by deleting my posts (35 minutes after I had first placed it) but of course I now know that you cannot remove a thread after another member has replied to it.

Also if you look here (12 posts down) https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/chim ... 39622.html you will see that I removed a post from this thread at the very same time, and Mike.G had not even been involved in this thread.

Cheers

Mike

Don't go Mike and do like I do, stay away from what look like dull cyber-handbags threads, life is too short

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back