Narrow Lean To Shed Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... it can't be done. So it's either an electric fire ot i significantly reduce the size of the lean to!

Tbh I’m no at all surprised, do you need the gas fire as it looks like a fairly new property. Do you have another heat source in the room that has the gas fire ( eg a radiator) So it depends how much you want the lean to . Options are imo as follows 1 have the current gas fire removed and replace it with a flueless model , these can be installed on any wall as no chimney or flue is reqd . no 2 electric fire , no 3 no fire at all , no 4 a reduced lean to .

Tbh I’m no at all surprised, do you need the gas fire as it looks like a fairly new property. Do you have another heat source in the room that has the gas fire ( eg a radiator) So it depends how much you want the lean to . Options are imo as follows 1 have the current gas fire removed and replace it with a flueless model , these can be installed on any wall as no chimney or flue is reqd . no 2 electric fire , no 3 no fire at all , no 4 a reduced lean to .
Looking at making a start end of this week. I've thought loads about the build and I'm going to have to build the wall and most of the frame (fence side) away and then place it in situ and screw it down. I'm concerned about the possibly 'combustible' cladding i intend to use. If i use composite it eliminate this problem however on first glance it looks expensive!

Firstly it's the floor. I intend to raise it around 35mm on top of a breathable membrane. The floor is unlevel in 2 or 3 places so this is going to be a pain but obviously and most probably the most important.

Based on looks can anyone recomend anything other than osb. Seems the way to go i think.

Back