SawStop, stops on contact with skin is coming to Europe soon!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And back then with all the soot particles all over everything something like a white suit was a ridiculous idea.
Vaguely remember the film though. About the same period when the film Flubber came out, captivated me!
Ian
That was one of the problems as I recall, it was naturally white and couldn't be died any other colour. Before it fell apart at the end of the film.

Sorry guys, I can't let this go. Sawstop make a product to stop you cutting your fingers off. If you use a crown guard it gets difficult to cut yourself. I made a plastic guard for the left side of the crown guard which includes an angled piece that covers the front end of the crown guard. With this configuration it is very difficult to get your fingers anywhere near the front of the blade. Maybe sawstop should concentrate their efforts on preventing kickback! I wonder how many kickback incidents compare with incidents of loosing a finger. And, (sorry again) if you don't know how to use a table saw safely you shouldn't own one!
I think the problem is losing fingers, not making them loose!

Will makita honour your drill warranty if you have been using a Milwaukee charger or a dewalt battery on a Bosch circular saw etc .. what next I wonder 🤔🤔🤔

Heres one example of manufacturers sharing the fitting. Bosch and Fein. Though that said i dont know if Bosch and Fein are part of the same group. But with so many smaller companies being bought up, that might be the way it goes.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13516455...ZZ5JX7&hash=item1f786f6816:g:HOYAAOSwrWZm5Bb0

I'm sure I recently caught sight of there being an EU directive where in the future all cordless power tools are going to have to share the same connection interface

Probably from this video which came out on the 1st April..........

Ha I was wondering if this was happening. You can always tell something is going on when your youtube feed fills up with videos on a topic... Marketing departments sure are savvy these days.

I'm glad someone linked me here to confirm it!

I have not read all the post so if already covered then sorry
BUT what ever happened to common sense.
Dad had a home made table/bench saw that we used for years
I have a hobby grade on at home and use full size one at men’s shed,
But use a push stick, don’t get hands anywhere near the blade
If I have to work on the saw(s) to clear jam adjust fence then it’s un plugged of off at the main switch and anyone going near the switch get a yell.....DONT TOUCH THAT.
Tech/safety kit helps prevent accidents..... it won’t do a thing against ...... stupid

If I have to work on the saw(s) to clear jam adjust fence then it’s un plugged of off at the main switch and anyone going near the switch get a yell.....DONT TOUCH THAT.
Tech/safety kit helps prevent accidents..... it won’t do a thing against ...... stupid
I don’t think anyone has said that common sense or push sticks should no longer be used. It’s not compulsory so those who want it as an extra safety feature can have it and those that don’t can carry on as they are?

I was initially looking at the compact model. But after a bit of thought, and quite a few YT vids, i might go for the jobsite pro instead. I like the folding carriage/stand, which looks a lot more stable than the usual compact table saw stand some systems come with.

The main problem with common sense is that not everyone has it , I’m a great advocate of common sense but I’ve seen so many people do crazy things you have to wonder how they are actually still alive ..

Latest posts

Back