Joke Thread 5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1725189994015.png

Ever anxious to please, but if a post in this thread needs explaining, it's as well to just pass on it.

Thanks for looking and taking the trouble to ask.

Adele is a singer.
A Dell is a computer.

It's trivia - not meant to be side-splitting.

They're just 'homophones' - words that sound the same but have different meanings or spellings. The word "homophone" comes from the Greek word 'phonos', which means "sounding". (Homographs on the other hand are spelled the same, but are differ in meaning or pronunciation. (EG: 'He wound the bandage around the wound’. The bow of a ship, a bow in ribbon, a bow and arrow).
I love homophones/homographs, I'm always happy when I discover new ones. Remember: You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Ever anxious to please, but if a post in this thread needs explaining, it's as well to just pass on it.

Thanks for looking and taking the trouble to ask.

Adele is a singer.
A Dell is a computer.

It's trivia - not meant to be side-splitting.

They're just 'homophones' - words that sound the same but have different meanings or spellings. The word "homophone" comes from the Greek word 'phonos', which means "sounding". (Homographs on the other hand are spelled the same, but are differ in meaning or pronunciation. (EG: 'He wound the bandage around the wound’. The bow of a ship, a bow in ribbon, a bow and arrow).
My sense (senseless?)of humour!

20240902_152352~2.jpg

Bloody good these Makita grinders.
Police can't catch you.

Mine does ten bikes per hour.

And another one for you!
I've lived here for over 20 years, and never noticed until the old oven was replaced a few weeks ago...

View attachment 187315
I installed one a while back and the hob is skewed by 2mm over its length. Alignment to the oven is perfect but that 2mm kills me every time I look at it.

Edit: whoops didn’t notice it was the joke thread when I replied.

Back