Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another gift build, something I've wanted to build for a while now.

I am really happy with it, managed to get a nice continuous grain, even if it did result in stock being too thin for the hinges I ordered haha.
There are things I'll do differently for the next one for sure, but I think that's the case with most projects.

PXL_20240904_055335074~2.jpg
PXL_20240904_055326249~2.jpg
PXL_20240904_055356618~2.jpg

Looks great even without hinges. How did you etch the glass?
Thanks. It's actually acrylic, did it on my co2 laser.

I did attempt to do some glass panels and the etching looked decent, not quite as clean.
But when it came to cutting the glass panels to size (not on the laser) I really struggled to get a clean break, so in the end opted for acrylic which I could cut to size on the laser.

The latest project a stool for outside
The seat is made from hard wood reclaimed
The legs, folk here spoke of spellted wood so this wood is also reclaimed but has sat in my wood pile for over four years so has some interesting pattens

Attachments

• 3821E862-0405-4E13-AD90-1CB4F1B3AFC5.jpeg
    3821E862-0405-4E13-AD90-1CB4F1B3AFC5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 5E658615-D7E2-42E8-B5DB-C7472465EDB9.jpeg
    5E658615-D7E2-42E8-B5DB-C7472465EDB9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
You might realise from some of my other posts that I'm making a kitchen for a customer which is being done in stages as this works well for both of us.

Today I fitted a wall unit I've made, just waiting on the glass and misplaced screws for the catches. The catches are a bit form over function, I think they look great but aren't really designed to be used in this situation, we will see how they get on with them. You can't tell from the photo but the alcove is much narrower at the front than the back which made fitting quite awkward as the customer wanted a real clean look with no fillet pieces or cover laths etc.

Maple & Birch ply with MDF back.

On the bench

wall cab 1.jpg

On the wall

wall cab 2.jpg

wall cab 3.jpg

Shelves are adjustable

wall cab 6.jpg

I quite like Elite magnet catches, they do leather covers for the plates which I think adds a nice touch and makes them quieter in operation.

wall cab 4.jpg

wall cab 5.jpg

You might realise from some of my other posts that I'm making a kitchen for a customer which is being done in stages as this works well for both of us.

Today I fitted a wall unit I've made, just waiting on the glass and misplaced screws for the catches. The catches are a bit form over function, I think they look great but aren't really designed to be used in this situation, we will see how they get on with them. You can't tell from the photo but the alcove is much narrower at the front than the back which made fitting quite awkward as the customer wanted a real clean look with no fillet pieces or cover laths etc.

On the bench

View attachment 187805

On the wall

View attachment 187806

View attachment 187807

Shelves are adjustable

View attachment 187808

I quite like Elite magnet catches, they do leather covers for the plates which I think adds a nice touch and makes them quieter in operation.

View attachment 187809

View attachment 187810
Are they sprayed? The finish looks amazing!

On the bench

View attachment 187805

On the wall

View attachment 187806

View attachment 187807

Shelves are adjustable

View attachment 187808

View attachment 187809

View attachment 187810
I agree with you Doug, the hardware looks good and draws my eye to the cabinet .

Which sleeves did you use? Two Fussy Blokes brand seems to get good reviews, might have to give them a go (y)

The problem with living in a small village where everyone knows what I do, I get asked to make/fix things.

Its a simple enough job, I was told! can you make a new one of these please, the dog ate it.

dog bite.jpg

Now I'm used to winging around and jointing big lumps of Oak, so something on this scale is new to me, anyway all very simple, cut 6 pieces of wood 60 X 12 X 12mm and glue them together, so I did, using the brand new mitre fix glue I had, that'll hold it together I said.

Nope, all fell apart before I had chance to get to my next part of the plan and drill a hole in the meeting joints for a little dowel made from a skewer to get glued in just to make sure.

So plan B, glue it with PVA and clamp up, let it dry, then put dowel in.

dog bite 2.jpg

Done:

dog bite 3.jpg

Temu sell them for £1.35....

The problem with living in a small village where everyone knows what I do, I get asked to make/fix things.

Its a simple enough job, I was told! can you make a new one of these please, the dog ate it.

View attachment 188185

Now I'm used to winging around and jointing big lumps of Oak, so something on this scale is new to me, anyway all very simple, cut 6 pieces of wood 60 X 12 X 12mm and glue them together, so I did, using the brand new mitre fix glue I had, that'll hold it together I said.

Nope, all fell apart before I had chance to get to my next part of the plan and drill a hole in the meeting joints for a little dowel made from a skewer to get glued in just to make sure.

So plan B, glue it with PVA and clamp up, let it dry, then put dowel in.

View attachment 188186

Done:

View attachment 188187

Temu sell them for £1.35....
Ok I’ll bite (sorry). What is it?

Back