Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Doug B I feel compelled to not only pass on my compliments for another brilliant project, but the fact you have clearly not suffered from expensive gizmoitus.

My only comment, is, I prefer to use my cheap speed square, when cross cutting, on the leading edge..
Thanks @HOJ I can’t see the point of buying stuff I can easily make & I see track squares as expensive one trick ponies. I agree re the square on the leading edge most of my cuts are made like that I just prefer the opposite way cutting narrow pieces.

I was asked recently if I could re-pipe a towel warmer the original pipes ran around the bedroom skirting & didn’t look that nice. In the bedroom was an alcove that had a fitted wardrobe the towel warmer was on the other side of this alcove so I suggested removing the the back of the wardrobe & running the pipes in the void behind from the ceiling above.
On removing the back of the wardrobe we discovered the void was 300mm deep which got the customer wondering if we could utilise the space for storage, in particular for her shoes.
This is what I came up with
View attachment 188435

The parts were just cut up with the tracksaw, no fancy track square just a speed square.

View attachment 188438

To make the shelves adjustable I used my shop made shelf pin guide.

View attachment 188433

The shelves were cut to size with the router & another shop made jig my parallel guides

View attachment 188437

This is the unit fitted in place

View attachment 188436

& this is the finished article with the fitted furniture reinstated

View attachment 188434
Just wondering why you used the router to cut the shelves to size and not the track saw?

Fished shelves look great!

Just wondering why you used the router to cut the shelves to size and not the track saw?

Fished shelves look great!
Thanks Paul, I use the router as that leaves a machined clean edge on both pieces cut so I can just keep moving the track across & make another cut. The tracksaw doesn’t leave a good enough edge on the waste side to do that.

Thanks Paul, I use the router as that leaves a machined clean edge on both pieces cut so I can just keep moving the track across & make another cut. The tracksaw doesn’t leave a good enough edge on the waste side to do that.
That’s really interesting. I’m surprised you don’t get a clean enough edge on the offside of the cut. I’ve not had much of a problem with that. I can see how the router would avoid it if it is happening. Good tip. I’ll remember it if I get the problem

Latest posts

Back