Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does Rick have two dustpans and brushes ?
Two hands! You'd be amazed how often 'one from each side' to pick up a huge mass of shavings makes a big job easier. Using a dustpan and a hand works too, but your hand is smaller and, you risk injury from sharps.
Only downside is, buried implements or fittings risk "getting thrown out with the b̶a̶t̶h̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ shavings".

Needed to make a super quick gift for someone, saw some tea light holders that had storage for match box, thought it was a nice simple idea. Most of them were made from single bit of wood but thought I'd inject some colour and interest by using padauk(?).

Few mistakes here and there like making it a bit too small and rounding over the top slightly which I only just noticed ha, but for a quick build generally happy with how it turned out.
PXL_20240830_062720178-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240830_062737462-EDIT.jpg

Needed to make a super quick gift for someone, saw some tea light holders that had storage for match box, thought it was a nice simple idea. Most of them were made from single bit of wood but thought I'd inject some colour and interest by using padauk(?).

Few mistakes here and there like making it a bit too small and rounding over the top slightly which I only just noticed ha, but for a quick build generally happy with how it turned out.
View attachment 187122View attachment 187123
Tom. Hi!
I certainly don't want to be a kill joy and I do like your idea in general BUT those tealights can get extremely hot sufficiently so to ignite wood. I believe that it has caused house fires in the past. I'm sure someone here will have direct experience probably as a fireman. Sorry but better warned.
Martin

Tom. Hi!
I certainly don't want to be a kill joy and I do like your idea in general BUT those tealights can get extremely hot sufficiently so to ignite wood. I believe that it has caused house fires in the past. I'm sure someone here will have direct experience probably as a fireman. Sorry but better warned.
Martin
All good, I appreciate the heads up and will do some research.

View attachment 187122View attachment 187123
Real neat, simple and useful.

Finished my latest project the scoops.4 in total, developing them as I went along. Still loads of room for improvement I think.
No 1 (the disaster)
20240830_140235.jpg
no 2
20240830_140005.jpg
no 3
20240830_135738.jpg
no 4
20240830_135716.jpg
altogether
20240830_135638.jpg
and in their pot holders
20240830_140702.jpg
sadly for me this is going to be a little while till I get back to turning again as I've got other projects which are going to take me away.

Hi, guys.
My daughter asked me for a high feeder for Draco, her big dog. I found some data to estimate the highness of a 27-inch tall dog.
It was difficult for Apollo, the smaller dog to take its measurements. I made a second feeder hoping that Apollo would be higher or taller than Draco.
Some pictures are attached

Attachments

• Draco 1.jpg
    Draco 1.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Draco 2.jpeg
    Draco 2.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Apollo1.jpeg
    Apollo1.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 0
  • Apollo 2.jpeg
    Apollo 2.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Apollo 3.jpeg
    Apollo 3.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 0
Finished my latest project the scoops.4 in total, developing them as I went along. Still loads of room for improvement I think.
No 1 (the disaster)View attachment 187148no 2View attachment 187149no 3View attachment 187150no 4View attachment 187152altogether View attachment 187153and in their pot holdersView attachment 187154sadly for me this is going to be a little while till I get back to turning again as I've got other projects which are going to take me away.
May I ask what's the story behind the dark rings? First look tells me walnut, second look tells me I'm wrong, now I'm thinking it's the same wood, but chared? I'd love to know more. End result looks really good.

May I ask what's the story behind the dark rings? First look tells me walnut, second look tells me I'm wrong, now I'm thinking it's the same wood, but chared? I'd love to know more. End result looks really good.
Amazingly your almost 90 percent right, yes it's all the same wood but burnt four decorative rings and walnut stained in between purely for decoration based of a Roman bowl design I did a while back
Your almost there, all the same wood walnut dye between two burnt rungs purely decoration based of a romaman design I've did early 20231211_130655.jpgyou have a good eye.

Amazingly your almost 90 percent right, yes it's all the same wood but burnt four decorative rings and walnut stained in between purely for decoration based of a Roman bowl design I did a while back

Your almost there, all the same wood walnut dye between two burnt rungs purely decoration based of a romaman design I've did early View attachment 187231you have a good eye.
No idea why that happened

Your almost there, all the same wood walnut dye between two burnt rungs purely decoration based of a romaman design I've did early View attachment 187231you have a good eye.
Awesome, thanks for the note. Once I get a bigger garage, i should get some turning projects going. Looks great fun!

Tom. Hi!
Martin
This tea light holder I made a few years ago, has burnt over 40 tea lights in the tin holders, that I know of, and hasn't shown any signs of burning. It's cut out of Beech with a Danish Oil finish.
20240901_125557.jpg

Latest posts

Back