Joke Thread 4 (closed).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but he’s not deaf and the film crew aren’t blind.
True, but he’s not deaf and the film crew aren’t blind.
The 'film crew' consisted of a cameraman and the producer. They were about to go on air when shots rang out. All three of them were on the ground taking shelter behind their car when he went on air. As well as the volley of shots from the shooter, there were more shots when the police returned fire. If a few others were walking nonchalantly around, trying to prove Darwin's theory of the non-survival of the stupidest, that's their business, but I'd have been on the ground until I was very satisfied that it was safe to stand up.

Below is a clip of the transcript and a link to the video.

Quote:

Donald Trump was mid-way through a sentence as the shots rang out. He grabbed his ear before dropping to the ground and being smothered by Secret Service agents. We didn’t know it at the time, but the gunman was perhaps 150m away from where we stood, lying flat on the roof of a shed and firing at least six rounds using an AR-15 rifle at the former president and terrified spectators.

I was about to go on air, with radio colleagues from the BBC World Service waiting on the end of a line. Instead, all three of us in my team - me, producer Iona Hampson and cameraman Sam Beattie - went to the ground, using our car as some kind of shelter, the only shelter we had.

We had no idea where the shooting was coming from; how many shooters there were; and how long it would go on for. Frankly it was terrifying. As we lay on the ground, Sam turned on his camera and I tried to give my first impressions of what was happening. In that moment, we had no more concrete information than that about six minutes into Donald Trump’s speech, the shooting had begun. As I listened, I could hear screams from the crowd, but I could no longer hear the former president speaking. Was he hit, was he dead? All these thoughts flash through your mind.

Unquote.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cnl0xq0j9ewo

Gary O'Donoghue was born partially sighted but went totally blind by the time he was eight. On leaving school, attended Oxford University, where he read philosophy and modern languages. He joined the BBC as a graduate, and has reported on many significant events, becoming the BBC’s North America Correspondent in 2014.

During his career, he has covered stories for BBC News in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the U.S. In 2004, he became a political correspondent based at Westminster, reporting across the media of radio, TV and internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_O'Donoghue

I am not this forum's 'arbiter of good taste', but I think O'Donoghue is entitled to respect rather than ridicule. Just my point of view, so I guess we’ll have to disagree on that.

David.

Last edited:
In spite of BBC’s “verified live” monica I take everything they say with a very large pinch of salt.
Remember BBC’s Jeremy Bowen reporting that the IDF had fired a missile at a hospital totally destroying it and killing between 300 and 500 people? In fact it was a HAMAS rocket that fell into the hospital Car Park. Jeremy Bowen was completely unrepentant about his fake report but was pulled out of Gaza shortly after.
Given the amount of ridicule the clip has received online I’m not at all surprised BBC staff have responded with that statement. Others have given very different reports. I choose to believe the others. So yes, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg

Last edited:
I cannot understand how the Americans can EVEN contemplate having that criminal as PROTUS!:mad:
Simple, Trumps policies are extremely popular with the average American- with good reason I might add. I agree that he isn’t the sort of personality I could normally vote for but with but the carp they have had to endure from Politicians for a lot of years things have reached bursting point.
10 million illegal immigrants this year alone, think about the equivalent number arriving in the uk, it’s about 2m - this year up to now!

Simple, Trumps policies are extremely popular with the average American- with good reason I might add. I agree that he isn’t the sort of personality I could normally vote for
And there lies the secret of democracy.

Picking the lesser of two evils. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Just after problem, reaction, solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back