Inca Bandsaw Service / problem! Help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kierenj

Reaction score
Hi All,
I’ve recently inherited small Inca 205 bandsaw and have a wobbly lower motor wheel.
I would love to have it serviced and have someone really get it in tip top condition.
Does anyone know of companies or individuals that might be prepared to do a nut and bolt restoration within an hour of London?
Be very happy to drop it off / collect?
Many thanks,
Kieren

Bottom wheel has a keyway and a grub screw with a hex socket head. Is it just the wheel that's wobbly, or the spindle as well? If the spindle is wobbly, is it a model with the motor mounted on the case, or the version with a motor slung under the stand? I imagine if it's a 205 it's the former, but not sure.

Hi All,
I’ve recently inherited small Inca 205 bandsaw and have a wobbly lower motor wheel.
I would love to have it serviced and have someone really get it in tip top condition.
Does anyone know of companies or individuals that might be prepared to do a nut and bolt restoration within an hour of London?
Be very happy to drop it off / collect?
Many thanks,
Kieren
Photos would help,I think.

Thanks,
It has a motor on the back and the (minor) wobble is the aluminium wheel. I’d be happy to pay £200 for someone to get it fully reconditioned + cost of any parts as I really like the small size and that would be approximately what a new saw would be… do you think this is a reasonable prospect for someone?

Thanks,
It has a motor on the back and the (minor) wobble is the aluminium wheel. I’d be happy to pay £200 for someone to get it fully reconditioned + cost of any parts as I really like the small size and that would be approximately what a new saw would be… do you think this is a reasonable prospect for someone?
Inca parts are crazily expensive, as there's one firm in France who have all the stock I, and others, could probably advise you on how to fix particular faults.
The thrust bearings are a standard size, used on skates and skateboards, cheap as chips.
Tyres can be bought on line, but I've bought both my sets in the US, as I couldn't find them here, and I visit America regularly.
Throat inserts can be 3D printed(or bought pre 3D printed).
Blades from Tuffsawa.
I found a spring from a spring supplier that seems to work well, but the postage and handling charges for one made it a bit pricey.
Guides, I still have the original, but I believe people make their own out of lignum vitae.

The lower wheel in the 205 crack quite easy by over tightening the grub screw that holds it to the spindle! Well that's what happened to mine at least.

To add if you need a replacement motor then let me know: im also in London so not so far to collect!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back