Timber framed shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uberjock

Reaction score
Hello there. First post on this group.

I’m planning to build a shed/workshop using timber frame techniques. I drew up the plan a year or so ago when laid up after knee op. Still haven’t done planning application, that should be this winter. (Image below)

Only ever done a very simple door frame using the technique before. As you can imagine, watched a lot of YouTube clips. Started out though with a couple of good books - Timber Frame Construction by Sidon & Schroeder and Building the Timber Frame House by Tedd Benson.

I saw a good post on here by AJB Temple on tools, which matched onto what I was planning, but my first question was any recommendations for suppliers of things like big firmer chisels and slicks.

My other question was on supply of timber. For the main frame I’m planning on green oak with 8x8 as biggest dimension. I’m based in Gloucestershire. I’ve come across a couple of yards locally, but I thought I’d check on here for recommendations of ones folk had actually used and how they found the timber and service.

I’ll have many more questions once I actually start the project, but thought I’d open with those.

Attachments

• IMG_8343.jpeg
    IMG_8343.jpeg
    3 MB
  • IMG_8344.jpeg
    IMG_8344.jpeg
    3 MB
Back