No Fault Evictions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Through the usual channels. Income tax, inheritance tax, property taxes (rates etc) an endless list possible! Taxes on businesses, corporation tax.
Oh, Jacob, that is so touchingly naive. That route will hardly touch the small change in their pocket. You have to try harder than that and so any better ideas ?
Good idea! Easiest to locate and tax would be land and property of course. Then attention to finance, including tax avoidance/evasion etc, tax havens. ..all sorts of measures possible
Um no. Again, naive. Scratching the surface. Ever heard of shell companies ? Trusts ? To use your phrase, the list is endless.
Through the usual channels - passports, property addresses, business accounts etc etc
See previous
They are already known and being taxed at various points and don't live anonymously in a wealthy underground movement.
Oh my, so touchingly naive again, Jacob. Most of their wealth and where it is located is opaque.
In fact they tend to be highly conspicuous! If not, sooner or later they have to emerge from their diamond encrusted hidy holes and move about in public, and thats when we nab them!
Oh how sweet, Jacob. You are living in a fantasy world of your own making.
🤣

Why do you think it would be a problem?
Because I actually do know just a little bit about this.

Generally those that have made themselves rich are driven by money and there is no such thing as enough some are so busy constantly making more that they don't even enjoy it!
yeah, I've not understood this one yet. Take someone like Donald Trump, he could just enjoy cheating at Golf and trying to find Malania for the rest of his life, yet he had to have more power. Which it seems has brought him nothing but trouble. If he had just carried on as before becoming president, everyone would have left him alone and he would have got away with all the fraud and assaults. Although there is a chance he still might I guess.

Same with Musk, he could have a nice life. He could start so many small initiatives to help people but instead he just wants money and power.

It'll never change and I'll never understand it. I'm certainly not jealous of either of them and in many ways pity them.

Same with Musk, he could have a nice life. He could start so many small initiatives to help people but instead he just wants money and power.
Many of these people fall into a common type, if you have huge sums of wealth then what do you do on a day to day basis ? You have cars, boats and planes and live a luxury lifestyle but eventually boredom must set in. We get a problem like a broken this or that and spend time fixing it, all they do is have it fixed for them and so they had no real objective, it is a very different mindset where money actually performs all task in life apart from the basics of getting dressed and wiping ones rear end. It is like they are trying to explain their own existance, look I am here and want attention because the wealth has put a barrier between them and real people.

You have cars, boats and planes and live a luxury lifestyle but eventually boredom must set in.
I am bored does this make me a millionaire? 😉 The barrier I have between me and real people is I don't get out much, perhaps that's why I am bored. 🤔

Last edited:

Um no. Again, naive. Scratching the surface. Ever heard of shell companies ? Trusts ?
Yes, and they are not invisible.
To use your phrase, the list is endless.
Yep. Plenty to get going at.
See previous

Oh my, so touchingly naive again, Jacob. Most of their wealth and where it is located is opaque.
Not if you dig a little. Much of it is not, which is where you start of course.
The more opaque then the more profitable would be higher investment in HMRC, which was cut by the tories on behalf of their mega rich sponsors.

Haven't we been through this before? Lots of people work very hard, nurses are the often used example, but are unlikely to get rich. Of course there will always be some who exploit the system and choose not to work, but the stories of people arriving at food banks in posh German cars are just stories.
We have, and nurses are a poor example shrouded in emotional claptrap. I have visited hospital on many occasions and the first thing I always notice is how relaxed they are. How slow they are and how quickly they like to be out of the ward. I also how a lot of the nurses (of the 'many genders') like their pies.

On a more serious note, nurses are, like other workers, paid according to skillset. The more training, together with years in service, allows them to reach fair levels of salary.

Whatever you response, please refrain from emotional arguments.; it's what's caused the NHS to become less efficient, by using the emotional pressure on successive governments to avoid both work and pay reviews. I hear Starmer is now repeating the Tory's mantra to the NHS...no more money until it reforms.

We have, and nurses are a poor example shrouded in emotional claptrap. I have visited hospital on many occasions and the first thing I always notice is how relaxed they are. How slow they are and how quickly they like to be out of the ward.
Not my experience at all - maybe it's something to do with you?

We have, and nurses are a poor example shrouded in emotional claptrap. I have visited hospital on many occasions and the first thing I always notice is how relaxed they are. How slow they are and how quickly they like to be out of the ward. I also how a lot of the nurses (of the 'many genders') like their pies.

Funny that! Claptrap is the word!
They've always said similar things about labourers standing around holes leaning on their shovels etc.
The point is - you are very often going to notice nurses etc when they aren't doing anything, in between jobs, eating pies in a break (how awful), standing still nattering around a counter etc. Maybe a short break and they are off, out of sight, maybe even working over-long shifts.
Similarly with labourers - may not be so noticeable when down holes, up in buildings, working very hard and needing breaks. etc etc.
It's an easy mistake to make for the not very "thoughtful" and an often repeated bit of nonsense! 🤣
Taxi ranks must confuse them - all those blokes sitting in their cars doing nothing!!! Why don't they just go home? :unsure:

Last edited:
I wonder how that will make any nurses or family members of nurses who may be a member of the forum (or indeed considering joining) feel?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the way it’s expressed says something about us. You’ve made a nasty statement there and the moderators should remove it in my opinion.

We have, and nurses are a poor example shrouded in emotional claptrap. I have visited hospital on many occasions and the first thing I always notice is how relaxed they are
What nonsense. The calmness you observed is for the patients' benefit - nobody wants to see panicked nurses charging about.

I was in hospital for two weeks last year. I had an allergic reaction to a new medication and ended up in Bournemouth ICU with kidney failure and severe lactic acidosis. For 24hrs I was at deaths door but the nurses, male and female and from all over the world, were amazing and so reassuring. Their professionalism and dedication saved my life. After five days I was released onto a general ward which was really crowded and quite chaotic at times but the nurses were always totally calm and in control.

I have the utmost respect for nurses - I wouldn't last half an hour in that job.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is the same as yours.

Ftfy. :LOL:
That may be what you think Phil but it’s not the way I view the world. Different opinions are good things. Deliberately upsetting others just for the sake of it is not in my opinion which is pretty much what the forum rules also say.

FTFY

I wonder how that will make any nurses or family members of nurses who may be a member of the forum (or indeed considering joining) feel?
I owe the last 1.5 years of my life to the nurses, doctors and staff at the hospital I attend.

Suggesting emotions are irrelevant is daft. We prioritise according to our emotions as well as our reason. Both are necessary.

eta - a purely rational answer to the problems of the NHS might be to euthanase everyone over, say, 50. I guess it'd solve a lot of other problems, too.

Last edited:
The pursuit of yet more money by the already very wealthy is not always simple greed.

Money is (mostly) an objective measure - simple competitive urges may drive its accumulation. The respect accorded those with wealth may be fulfilling. Causing others to feel somehow inadequate may be an unpleasant but not uncommon behaviour.

It is no different athlete. Winning requires huge dedication and sacrifice even to get to the starting line. It has little or nothing to do with the capacity to run a few milliseconds faster than another competitor - the speed is meaningless, success is the goal.

The idea that somehow with much greater resources for HMRC we can track these obsessives down and part them from their wealth through taxation seems naïve. Tracking them down is the least of the challenges for a government with access to data and intelligence.

The very wealthy became such by asserting their rights to invest, manage etc. They will have an almost unlimited capacity to buy the best legal advice and defend their interests. And irrespective of the legal outcomes, those resident overseas may simply raise two fingers.

Asset confiscation as a final solution would ensure that all wealthy who may be on HMRC hit list would simply move funds to alternative jurisdictions and withdraw investment. Not a desirable outcome!

eta - a purely rational answer to the problems of the NHS might be to euthanase everyone over, say, 50. I guess it'd solve a lot of other problems, too.
Provided their assets are distributed to the needy.
And there I was thinking even if we all put our heads together we, as a mere assortment of individuals who like to play with our wood, had no chance of solving the issue of the NHS or taxation of the super rich.....We've only gone and done them in one thread lads!!

What an achievement, who's for the pub?

EDIT - Just realised..............we've not sorted the no fault eviction issue that was the genesis of this thread. Everyone sit back down, there is still work to do.

I owe the last 1.5 years of my life to the nurses, doctors and staff at the hospital I attend.

Suggesting emotions are irrelevant is daft. We prioritise according to our emotions as well as our reason. Both are necessary.

50 to 70 for men, and 50 to 65 for women, that'd work for me!

Latest posts

Back