Kapex Accuracy out the box?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen a second hand Kapex 88e. Does anyone know if this the same as the 120, but without the spring loaded bevel hinge and the micro adjuster, or is there more?

The 120 has a setting where you can cut 120mm high boards (for example skirting board) stood vertically so you can mitre it rather than laying it flat and making a bevel cut (if that makes any sense) hence the name, the 88 doesn't have this feature so only cuts 88mm high.

Also think the 88 lacks the laser.

I think the only thing I would miss on the 88 would be the spring loaded bevel, I do like that.

The one feature I cannot accept on any tool is a vertical handle arrangement, just very odd when you think of how you grip a set of handlebars so that rules the Kapex
Hand drills, drill presses, track-saws, hand-saws, routers, all sorts of tools must drive you mental. That reminds me, haven't seen it for ages, where did I put my horizontally handled hammer?

Last edited:
Have the 120 and the 60. Prefer the 120 as I find the laser better than the shadow lines, but the 60 is a good saw too.
If I could only have 1 it would be the 120, which I’ve had since they first came out.
To answer the original question mine was spot on out of the box but the laser lines do now need recalibrating. I also have the rolling cart and side tables, which I bought to do a shop fit with difficult access years ago which were very expensive but IMHO worth it.
(Have owned / used electra bekum, metabo, Bosch, makita, evolution…..the Kapex is my favourite - for accuracy and for dust collection.)

Back