Trouble with Drill Doctor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams93

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought some cobalt bits recently for drilling out some bolts on my car (don't ask...). They weren't cheap and I thought that I should really try and sharpen the drill bits that I have.

Of course I could learn to do it on the grinder - however this is an experience based skill and I don't have the time to learn it currently.

I looked about and the options for 'off the shelf' drill sharpeners - the Drill Doctor came up as what seemed to be the most reputable brand.

I bought 2 models (again don't ask) - the old style one and a 750X (both second hand).

I tried to sharpen my split point drills but had a terrible time. They remove material fine and the edges it leaves are sharp, but seem to grind too much off in the wrong places resulting in the geometry being off and trying to split the point just makes matters worse.

Given that I am having the same problem with both of these things I imagine it is user error - i'd love any advice or experience anyone could share with me!

1726343469081.png
1726343693755.png

Latest posts

Back