Joke Thread 4 (closed).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he and his top team are 'off to a flying start' - well they're certainly clocking up the air miles.

'Net Zero'? They're 'aving a larf!

“At the Labour Party Conference on 9 October 2023 Rachel Reeves, then shadow chancellor, said: A Labour government would curb the use of "private jets" by ministers”. She attacked Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's "private jet habit" in her speech to Labour's conference and said Labour would enforce ministerial rules on the use of private aircraft for official trips to "save millions of pounds for taxpayers".

Labour said 'according to government data, the total cost of non-scheduled flights for all secretaries of states and prime ministers up to Mr Sunak was almost £5m in 2022/23'. The party says ministers are taking too many non-scheduled flights at "extortionate cost". "We will enforce the ministerial code on the use of private planes and save millions of pounds for taxpayers in the process," Ms Reeves told the conference audience. She said the crackdown on ministerial flights was one of "three further fronts in Labour's war on waste".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67056083

But now the new Foreign Secretary is the latest Labour frontbencher to hire a luxury private jet, despite the party promising to clamp down on ministers’ flights. David Lammy chartered a Bombardier Global jet, which costs upwards of £10,000 per hour, for his two-day visit to Israel last week.

A favourite choice of globetrotting pop superstar, Taylor Swift, the plane flew Mr Lammy and Israel ambassador Tzipi Hotovely. It comes just a week after Mr Lammy used the Government’s private Airbus A321 to fly from London to Germany, then to Poland and on to Sweden.

Sir Keir Starmer came under fire for flying in an Airbus to watch England in the Euros final on July 14. He and Defence Secretary John Healey also reportedly took separate RAF flights to Washington DC which are likely to have cost more than £60,000 each.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-scottish-mail-on-sunday/20240721/281612425641568

Simon Calder Travel Correspondent Saturday 29 January 2022:

‘Jet set: Labour have form on private flights, just like the Tories’.

Which political party will be first to rule out misuse of private jets in their manifesto?

Clearly not this one, or the last Labour Government Or is this one the 'last'?):

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and ministerial colleagues were last night accused of using private jets in the Queen’s Flight like a private taxi service” – so The Independent reported in 2006’. The article continued: “The prime minister took trips costing more than £1.2m over four years from 2002 on RAF jets allocated to the royal family and government VIPs.” This led to some unusual arrangements. The record showed the Labour prime minister had made more than 30 flights to Teesside airport to reach his Sedgefield constituency. Yet the East Coast main railway line was an excellent terrestrial alternative.

What is it the cynics and stay-at-home non-voters say? "They're all as bad as one another'. Not wrong there then.

Nothing will change.
Absolutely DISGRACEFUL behaviour! Us 'poor' sods have to foot the bill. 'Off with their heads!' (n) Come back Maggie & Guy Fawkes, all is forgiven!!!! :mad:😂

I remember my Mum always used to say "take everything with a pinch of salt" lovely lady, terrible at making a cup of tea.

My dear old dad used to say, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach".....lovely man terrible cardiac surgeon.

I thought it must be something weird like that, but it looks to be totally impractical.
Maybe some people find it a turn-on. Whatever floats your boat!
I was also confused by the photo until I decided it must be a 1/3 scale model

Jokes here only PLEASE.
It is a joke - just that we're the butt of their ridicule, and they're having a laugh at our expense.

Anyway, back to 'joke jokes':

1721727161374.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back