'In jokes' between me and my OH

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelAD

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently had a pacemaker fitted (this is true). My OH and I decided to call it 'Bannister'.

OH: 'How is Bannister today? Still up with the pace?'
Me: 'Roger'.

This is also true: Before my pacemaker was fitted I received a whole pile of very informative bumff. Among the many items of information was the directive that I must inform the DVLA and my car insurance company once I had had the operation.
The DVLA was very easy - whole thing carried out on-line with no problem. Car insurance company was different. Had to call them - got through to a real person after the normal myriad of button presses - ho hum....

Anyway, a foreign sounding, very pleasant lady asked how she could help.

Me: 'I'm calling to inform you that I've recently had a pacemaker fitted.'
Her: 'Thank you sir. Where in the car is it fitted?'

My OH insisted we buy two rather large metal cranes for the garden. She calls them Niles and Frasier.

Whenever we experience a problem that may be a little awkward to fix either of us may say:

'Oh...Houston' or for a bigger problem...'We're gonna need a bigger boat'

I recently had a pacemaker fitted (this is true). My OH and I decided to call it 'Bannister'.

OH: 'How is Bannister today? Still up with the pace?'
Me: 'Roger'.

This is also true: Before my pacemaker was fitted I received a whole pile of very informative bumff. Among the many items of information was the directive that I must inform the DVLA and my car insurance company once I had had the operation.
The DVLA was very easy - whole thing carried out on-line with no problem. Car insurance company was different. Had to call them - got through to a real person after the normal myriad of button presses - ho hum....

Anyway, a foreign sounding, very pleasant lady asked how she could help.

Me: 'I'm calling to inform you that I've recently had a pacemaker fitted.'
Her: 'Thank you sir. Where in the car is it fitted?'

My OH insisted we buy two rather large metal cranes for the garden. She calls them Niles and Frasier.

Whenever we experience a problem that may be a little awkward to fix either of us may say:

'Oh...Houston' or for a bigger problem...'We're gonna need a bigger boat'
There was an episode of Frasier where somebody (Daphne, I think) had gained a lot of weight and, have fallen over, was helped up by Frasier, Niles and Martin, with one of them remarking that it had taken three Cranes to lift her. I wondered briefly if the whole show had been building towards that punchline.

Latest posts

Back