Got iphone - need help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug B":12t6zvs3 said:
andycktm":12t6zvs3 said:
£300 quid a year or is it 2 years £600 (for a few phone calls),how you can find anything free in that amazes me!

It will be tax deductible to karl, so it`s not major league, though no one wants to pay over the odds. It`s just about getting the best equipment for your particular business.

No it's not tax deductible - I'd go so far as saying almost nothing is tax deductible from a business perspective.

What is allowable is tax relief by virtue of having the phone & therefore contract in the business name. i.e. for every £100 spent that's really £75 out of your pocket (simplistic example assuming 25% basic rate tax and excluding capital allowances), but you get the idea.

HIH

Dibs

I think that's what Doug meant Dibs. ie you can't deduct the cost from your tax bill, but you can deduct it from your income before calculating you tax bill.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":kl2q6s1k said:
I think that's what Doug meant Dibs. ie you can't deduct the cost from your tax bill, but you can deduct it from your income before calculating you tax bill.

Cheers

Karl

Cool - No probs. At least someone reading up on this thread in the future who doesn't know the diff - no chance of confusion.:wink:

Cheers

Dibs

Dibs-h":3v6ut32o said:
Karl":3v6ut32o said:

Cheers

Karl

Cool - No probs. At least someone reading up on this thread in the future who doesn't know the diff - no chance of confusion.:wink:

Cheers

Dibs

Ha - my mate runs a building company and he's convinced that he can put his lunches, motorboat, motorhome etc through the company accounts as "expenses". I've tried telling him that he can't, but he won't have any of it!

Cheers

Karl

Karl":3v356v1t said:
Ha - my mate runs a building company and he's convinced that he can put his lunches, motorboat, motorhome etc through the company accounts as "expenses". I've tried telling him that he can't, but he won't have any of it!

Cheers

Karl

What's that saying? "No-one so deaf that won't hear" or something.

It's all about the appetite for risk - i knew a guy who had bought some new office furniture. Turned out to be a dining set and a 3 piece suite!

He never got rumbled - but in the current climate not worth the gamble. I think it might be different if you bent the rules to put food on the table, but if it's all going well, why risk it.

Mind you there's a world of difference between bending the rules and taking the p!ss. :wink:

Dibs

Totally. At the end of the day, he thinks "well, if I get rumbled, i've not lost anything". But the thing is, HMRC will be much more suspicious if they uncover something dodgy. They're likely to come down much harder on other "indiscretions" which they may otherwise have let go.

FYI (or anybody else interested), I worked in accountancy (insolvency) for 12 years if anybody is wondering why I know so much about HMRC's attitudes to tax evasion!

Cheers

Karl

Just a quick update. I ordered the new HTC Desire HD phone as it didn't have an upfront cost on the price plan I wanted (as opposed to the £189 of the iphone 4). Was told it would be delivered a few days later......

It never turned up. No call or text to let me know. So I phoned them and it turns out that it was out of stock (having only just been released = the latest gadget). So they offered me an iphone4 for free on the same price plan. "Great" I said. Delivery - 4 to 6 weeks :evil:

That was a couple of weeks ago so I phoned them today. It should be here on 2 December.

I wish I didn't have such an impatient character streak :roll: But i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Cheers

Karl

Right folks, my iphone turned up a bit earlier than expected and mightily impressed I am.

I've got one problem though - I can't get it to give out a ringtone when somebody rings me. All it does is vibrate.

I've messed about with several settings to no avail. I'm clearly doing something wrong, but have no idea what.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Karl

Karl,

Make sure the top L/H side button is not switched so it is showing red on the switch, this is silent mode.

Or check the volume is not set low, keep pressing the volume button, just below the mute switch to raise the volume.

nice one Paul - it was that little button at fault!!!!

Cheers

Karl

That's OK Karl.

I just changed my 3GS to a iPhone 4 as I had a free upgrage, O2 said that will be £138, I gave up argueing and sold my old phone for £233 to mazuma.

Something else to think about.

The iPhone has, reportedly, an exceedingly good video camera. High Def. It's good enough that I'm considering getting rid of my SD camcorder and using the iPhone for the minimal family shooting that I do.

I'm not an Apple fan, but from all I've read, the Iphone is the best on the current market.

Latest posts

Back