Farm Boy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I was asked to post this, not sure if here under projects or in the metalworking heading. For a while now, I have been building a model of a Farm Boy hit and miss engine with thee hope of getting it running at the end.

Just a few photos of the work so far as there are a lot if I was to post all of them. This is made from bar stock except the two flywheel.

Front body shaped.JPGDSCF3063.JPGDSCF3083.JPGDSCF3095.jpghopper machining (3).jpgHopper machining (6).jpgJoining rear and front base units (3).jpgcon rod (3).jpgcon rod with bearings (1).jpg

Last edited:
Nice work.
Out of interest how did you approach the silver soldering?
I have found that for fiddly jobs like this the paste is really good, although how they justify the price is beyond me.
And just being nosy how do you find the lathe, guessing a Warco from the colour?
I am a big fan of big old British machines, but well aware that the Chinese ones are getting better and better.
Would be interesting to hear your views as the owner of what looks like a relatively new one.

Back