US Election November 5th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know , but, it is someone's life we are talking about. And to put it in perspective there have already been two fatalities from the first attempt.
This is sadly true but neither Trump or Vance are concerned for the safety of the Haitians that are now experiencing violence & intimidation because of the lies they both spread, I notice now Vance’s has admitted to lying about Haitians eating pets.
Apparently the latest shooter voted for Trump in 2016 :oops:

Interviewing Trump supporters after the eating pets revelations one interviewee was honest enough to respond "I am happy to put up with the bonkers because I think he will run the country better", or words to that effect.

To me, and I suspect a lot of Brits, electing Trump is akin to letting the residents of the local asylum loose to create chaos. One questions the intellect and judgement of his supporters.

But transfer the behaviours evidenced to the UK. That anyone would vote for a Tory party which had delivered the abject leadership failures of Truss and Johnson is strange. That they would vote for their more extreme reincarnation in the form of the Reform party is incomprehensible.

Yet together Tory and Reform polled more votes than victorious Labour.

The UK seems to attach more faith to the dogma dividing political parties than the personalities involved. On balance probably a good thing that importance is placed more on fundamentals than spin and personality cults.

The UK seems to attach more faith to the dogma dividing political parties than the personalities involved. On balance probably a good thing that importance is placed more on fundamentals than spin and personality cults.
Really ? Do you really think that those who voted made a rational choice ? The Tories screwed up so much with their infighting that fundamentals went out of the window. Exactly what Starmers lot are doing. We are basically f*****d.

That’s one view. Another is that appeasement doesn’t work
That’s not a serious argument.
Putin got sick of appeasing Nato and the US. There was no war in Ukraine until Nato started threatening Russia with Nato weapons on its border, whilst deposing a democratically elected leader in the Maidan coup.
Non of this has anything to do with freedom or democracy, if it did, why was the US meddling in Ukraine to begin with?
5 minutes of basic thinking and switching off the bbc would lead any rational person to the same conclusion.
You have to ignore so many facts to arrive at the conclusion that this is Putin’s fault.
Putin is merely responding to events put in motion by the west.
I don’t like any of it or condone any of it but the facts speak for themself.

Last edited:
Interviewing Trump supporters after the eating pets revelations one interviewee was honest enough to respond "I am happy to put up with the bonkers because I think he will run the country better", or words to that effect.

To me, and I suspect a lot of Brits, electing Trump is akin to letting the residents of the local asylum loose to create chaos. One questions the intellect and judgement of his supporters.

But transfer the behaviours evidenced to the UK. That anyone would vote for a Tory party which had delivered the abject leadership failures of Truss and Johnson is strange. That they would vote for their more extreme reincarnation in the form of the Reform party is incomprehensible.

Yet together Tory and Reform polled more votes than victorious Labour.

The most successful tech and venture people in the US, believe Trump’s view on the economy and freedom of expression, is a better direction for the US, than under that proposed by the Democrats.

Putin got sick of appeasing Nato and the US. There was no war in Ukraine until Nato started threatening Russia with Nato weapons on its border, whilst deposing a democratically elected leader in the Maidan coup.
Non of this has anything to do with freedom or democracy, if it did, why was the US meddling in Ukraine to begin with?
5 minutes of basic thinking and switching off the bbc would lead any rational person to the same conclusion.
You have to ignore so many facts to arrive at the conclusion that this is Putin’s fault.
We’ve had this discussion before and clearly we see the world differently.

You’d like to leave Ukraine to whatever Putin wants to do with it and I believe in the not too distant future that would lead to even worse bloodshed and a bigger threat to world security.

I agree that the facts speak for themselves - if you look back at the previous discussion you’ll see the rationale for my view and that it’s been arrived at by a bit more effort than just watching 5 minutes of the BBC!

The most successful tech and venture people in the US, believe Trump’s view on the economy and freedom of expression, is a better direction for the US, than under that proposed by the Democrats.
I’m not convinced they actually think it’s better for the US as opposed to being better for their business interests and personal wealth.

I know many folk like to "slag off" The Donald for his many shortcomings, but it's odd that no one wants to mention the second assassination attempt. :unsure: Unless of course I missed that post. In which case I apologise.:giggle:
The question is whether he had a hand in organising it –– as a means of engendering more sympathy . . . . . .

Sometimes this meme just says it all.

1726561886877.png

You've been listening to Roger Waters again haven't you?
Of course you could be right, well there was no war in Poland until September 1st 1939

Oh dear . . . . Call out the porters with the stretcher and the straightjacket

Really ? Do you really think that those who voted made a rational choice ? The Tories screwed up so much with their infighting that fundamentals went out of the window. Exactly what Starmers lot are doing. We are basically f*****d.
The Tories got both the dogma and personalities wrong.

Policies - got Brexit wrong, Rwanda daft waste of £mm, interest rates, NHS waiting lists, prison overcrowding, illegal immigration .......... could probably write another page!

People - Johnson dishonest egotist. Truss just incompetent egotist. Rishi I though a decent rational individual but any prospect of acceptance was compromised by his inheritance.

When Reform pulled half the Tory vote they had zero chance. As a Tory in a more traditional centre right mould, I found it difficult to to put a X in their box. Public trust in people and policies was non-existent.

The rational choice the public made was any party other than Tory. They may come to suffer "buyers remorse" as Labour performance lags expectations. Like you I am concerned -Starmers "lot" have the helm for the next 5 years - get used to it and make personal plans accordingly.

They are entitled to their views and may even be right.

Nonetheless Trump is bonkers, morally bankrupt, a bully, racist, xenophobic, a self obsessed egotist etc. Whether so unpleasant personality should be denied the presidency is debatable.

Personally I would be inclined to vote for someone who would likely govern with far greater humanity, and sacrifice some possible economic benefit.

They are entitled to their views and may even be right.

Nonetheless Trump is bonkers, morally bankrupt, a bully, racist, xenophobic, a self obsessed egotist etc. Whether so unpleasant personality should be denied the presidency is debatable.

Personally I would be inclined to vote for someone who would likely govern with far greater humanity, and sacrifice some possible economic benefit.
Don't waste your time replying to Delaney. He's a Russian AI bot.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how deluded others may think they are.
Politics really does have the power to divide even the closest friendships and even family.
I guess that's one of their prime directives, distract us by getting us minions squabbling amongst ourselves whilst they systematically ruin the world and line their own pockets. The wealth of the world is becoming more and more consolidated into fewer and fewer hands.
The only way out of the current s**t state of the world would be revolution, not evolution.
Alas, the general population seems content with arguing over small issues fueled by racist/prejudicial diatribe which is pushed in our face daily by the same few true wealth holders, the media (mostly) run by what could only be described as oligarchs and here we are lapping it up.

Anyway, I'll crawl back under the rock from which I came.

More AS than AI. IMO.

Latest posts

Back