No Fault Evictions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris I could also do lots of reading up on religions but it won't change my mind about them. No one actually needs them unless they have a truly weak mind unable deduce and differentiate between fact and fiction.
Hmm... In the absence of any real purpose to life, we come up with them. This time next year, we'll be millionaires. We really need an extension. A new shirt or two. Collect an example of every button made between 1872 and 1875.

What I like about the Church is that at least it acknowledges our inevitable death. Death's not good for marketing, it's not really a lifestyle choice for most. Between us and death, the Church provides a welcoming beauty, death becomes beautiful. Nonsense of course, but at least it's acknowledged.

It's more-or-less absent from the little projects created for us by our culture, a culture in denial. There's little profit in it. But those projects are religions, people dedicate their lives to them, the primary one being acquisition of wealth and things.

Christ.jpg
Albrecht Durer, 1505

Only the stupid laugh at religious beliefs, then go shopping.

And btw, Karl Marx agrees with you, he saw religion as the opiate of the masses. I think we all need some opiate to fend off reality.

Last edited:
Yeah...and the religious nutters block assisted-dying. They need to develop a bit more of a charitable mindset or butt out from interfering with other people's lives.

PS God doesn't exist.

Yeah...and the religious nutters block assisted-dying. They need to develop a bit more of a charitable mindset or butt out from interfering with other people's lives.

PS God doesn't exist.
If course (s)he does! Who do you suppose stopped Donald from being removed by the sniper's bullet?
Mind you, a better idea would have been to stop the bullet being fired. That's the trouble with god, they don't think things through...

Hmm... In the absence of any real purpose to life, we come up with them. This time next year, we'll be millionaires. We really need an extension. A new shirt or two. Collect an example of every button made between 1872 and 1875.

What I like about the Church is that at least it acknowledges our inevitable death. Death's not good for marketing, it's not really a lifestyle choice for most. Between us and death, the Church provides a welcoming beauty, death becomes beautiful. Nonsense of course, but at least it's acknowledged.

It's more-or-less absent from the little projects created for us by our culture, a culture in denial. There's little profit in it. But those projects are religions, people dedicate their lives to them, the primary one being acquisition of wealth and things.

View attachment 187270
Albrecht Durer, 1505

Only the stupid laugh at religious beliefs, then go shopping.

And btw, Karl Marx agrees with you, he saw religion as the opiate of the masses. I think we all need some opiate to fend off reality.
No, not all of us. Some of us just get on with life, making the best of what we have and leaving others to sort themselves out. I prefer a capitalist state. Under Labour, I appear to be worse off as the next 5 years will demonstate...yet again, no doubt.

If course (s)he does! Who do you suppose stopped Donald from being removed by the sniper's bullet?
Mind you, a better idea would have been to stop the bullet being fired. That's the trouble with god, they don't think things through...
God - plural? I used to be a Sunday School teacher back in the 60s but slowly, inevitably, saw the church for what it was and the congregation, mostly, there just in case...

No, not all of us. Some of us just get on with life, making the best of what we have

PS God doesn't exist.
You've misunderstood what I wrote, I guess it's a little obtuse so fair enough. The point is we all need some silly narrative to get through the days, months, years. For some it's a god, for others it's accumulation of things, power, being expert or best at something. Accumulation of things is a good example - shopping malls are the new temples, which people attend religiously at the weekend; displays of wealth, which they equate to power and virtue. Laughing at religious behaviour because it's not based in reality is a mistake - whatever silly narratives we inherit from our culture are ultimately futile, they're just a way of trying to have structure through life before we die and return to the elements from which we're made.

So don't laugh at people who go to church, we're all involved in a pointless journey and trying to find ways to make it work for us. Secular society is as religious as theistic society, it's just that we don't tend to see the fictions we involve ourselves in.

Maybe, God, if he can be thought to exist, is simply the intelligence behind the whole structure of the universe, which if you think about it is truly awe inspiring. 🤔

Maybe, God, if he can be thought to exist, is simply the intelligence behind the whole structure of the universe, which if you think about it is truly awe inspiring. 🤔
If you haven't already, maybe have a look at Deism and the Divine Clockmaker? Really interesting part of religious/ scientific history.

I've always like the idea that atheists just believe in one fewer gods than theists.
But drifting off topic now, to the extent that I can't even remember what the original topic was.

Religion reinforces the belief that there is some higher purpose in our existence which frequently extends to some sort of afterlife - heaven, hell, reincarnation etc.

Do other of gods creations also have a higher purpose or reflect upon life, death etc - chimps share ~98% of human DNA.

Or does the extra 1-2% with which humanity has been blessed simply provide the intellectual capacity to ponder these questions, even though the reality of existence is but a brief (~3 score and 10 years) period of awareness preceded and followed by nothingness.

to the extent that I can't even remember what the original topic was.
It was no fault evictions and yes I know it is the off topic forum but I do not think you can blame God for being evicted. On that subject define God ?

So lets think about that one, we have a universe of immense proportions that is really beyond our imagination to comprehend, the next potentially inhabitable planet for us is about four light years away or 24 trillion miles. Now we are all told that you cannot create something from nothing so where did the universe come from, then out of coincidence a lot of dust and debris came together to form our galaxy and the planets including Earth. So we have Earth, but if you think about how it was apparently made then it would be just a barren lump of rock devoid of all life, where did that life come from ? Then are we to believe that without any intelligent input or plan that given enough time humans can evolve from fish crawling out of the sea ! In context at our current state of intelligence we are only scratching the service when it comes to understanding the human body let alone the brain and cannot create life, yet we are living in a system that was created billions of years ago apparently from nothing, there is something missing here and it is far greater than the Boson particle .

It was no fault evictions and yes I know it is the off topic forum but I do not think you can blame God for being evicted. On that subject define God ?

So lets think about that one, we have a universe of immense proportions that is really beyond our imagination to comprehend, the next potentially inhabitable planet for us is about four light years away or 24 trillion miles. Now we are all told that you cannot create something from nothing so where did the universe come from, then out of coincidence a lot of dust and debris came together to form our galaxy and the planets including Earth. So we have Earth, but if you think about how it was apparently made then it would be just a barren lump of rock devoid of all life, where did that life come from ? Then are we to believe that without any intelligent input or plan that given enough time humans can evolve from fish crawling out of the sea ! In context at our current state of intelligence we are only scratching the service when it comes to understanding the human body let alone the brain and cannot create life, yet we are living in a system that was created billions of years ago apparently from nothing, there is something missing here and it is far greater than the Boson particle .
If course! It's totally ludicrous to believe that self-replicating molecules may have appeared by chance, and then over time periods way too vast to even imagine, evolved into life forms we see today.
Much more likely that a super being with the power to create the universe and everything in it just appeared out of nowhere.

Science over the last few hundred years has provided an explanation for much that would have seemed miraculous or the work of some divine authority or supreme being. Some believe the currently inexplicable will in the future be resolved through rational analysis.

The scientific community in their search for an explanation to all, seem to have adopted the Conan-Doyle approach "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth". Do scientists believe in the divine or rational??

I am unconvinced by concepts of dark matter and big bang, no matter how many scientists with brains the size of planets tell me this is the answer. We simply don't yet know!

Assuming we and all around us are the product of a "divine" begs the question "who, what or where is the divine". How or who was responsible for the creation of he, she, or it. Is faith an absolute belief in that which has no foundation in rational thought or evidence.

I am unconvinced by concepts of dark matter and big bang, no matter how many scientists with brains the size of planets tell me this is the answer. We simply don't yet know!
That is why we have so many theories, there is so much we don't know or understand but at the same time we like to think we know everything so a theory fills this gap. This then starts the quest to disprove a given theory and replace it with a newer theory, one of the latest theories is the Boson particle. If this actually exist then it can explain something else we have not as yet fully understood and so we start to stack the cards until the Boson is proved wrong and the whole stack of cards collapses and someone else comes up with a new theory and it keeps all the scientist content and happy in there next quest.

Assuming we and all around us are the product of a "divine" begs the question "who, what or where is the divine".
If you can create everything then hiding from what you have created should be easy as there is a lot of universe out there.

Latest posts

Back