Mitre saw stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themack

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all
I am plagued by the level of my mitre saw stand. I have a sliding mitre saw and an evolution mitre saw stand where it clamps on. I have fitted the mitre saw to the stand on and off trying to get it level. It works perfectly and is level, but when the arm slides back the saw slips backwards and it's tilted. Whatever I do it always slips back. Any ideas to solve the issue?
IMG_20240707_162607.jpg

Sorry, do you mean the saw tilts backwards on the mounting frame.
And is only the saw tilting back or saw and mounting frame.
With the saw in a forward position check to see if there is play and where.

Sorry, do you mean the saw tilts backwards on the mounting frame.
And is only the saw tilting back or saw and mounting frame.
With the saw in a forward position check to see if there is play and where.
Hi Duke
only the saw tilts backwards, the stand is level . It looks like the clamps are slipping. I really rammed them on, but they still slip. No play in forward position at all. The sheer weight pulls it down when the slider goes back. It's visible in the picture above.

Last edited:
Is the stand a new purchase? Maybe time to return it and get a replacement.
I checked reviews over here and no mention of your problem, you may have a lemon.
Hard to see on the pic, but the clamping mechanism doesn't seem to be siting properly on the front rail.
And the black plastic thingy shows being stressed out of position.
I think its a clamping mechanism failure.

Last edited:
A few more pics of the stand bed without the saw and then with the saw attached ( showing clamps) would be a big help in sussing out the problem. Reading duke's suggestion it could be right but the picture is not much to go on. Most of those stands have a cross brace between the bars in the middle. Clamping the saw centered above that would be the best place to avoid the bars being deflected by the clamping pressure.
Regards
John

Okay, I have taken more photos after I have taken the saw off the stand, reset all the fixings and screwed it back on . And yes the front locator went down first before the back. The first photo shows it all nice and level (see spirit level) and the second shows it when I slide the arm/blade back. The issue persists. Perhaps the stand is not made for a sliding mitre saw?

IMG_20240824_140411.jpg

IMG_20240824_140506.jpg

You could be right. Do the rails also flex inwards easily maybe that could be an issue.
Is this to stay put in your shop, if so, maybe fasten it down with a bolt. Just a thought.
Some one on this forum must have one of these stands?
With the saw in forward position try lifting it up while locked down, to see if giving good resistance.

Okay, I have taken more photos after I have taken the saw off the stand, reset all the fixings and screwed it back on . And yes the front locator went down first before the back. The first photo shows it all nice and level (see spirit level) and the second shows it when I slide the arm/blade back. The issue persists. Perhaps the stand is not made for a sliding mitre saw?

View attachment 186712

View attachment 186711
Is the saw centred on the clamps? You may have to do a dry run,lift saw arm,and slide! If it's moving backwards,it may not be centred on the clamps themselves! Who makes the stand?

Is the saw centred on the clamps? You may have to do a dry run,lift saw arm,and slide! If it's moving backwards,it may not be centred on the clamps themselves! Who makes the stand?
Doesit happenon both clamps or just one?

Looks like the clamps are not tight enough on the stand, lift the clamp arm and turn it clockwise, then try to tighten, keep doing this until it will not tighten and turn back one revolution.

It looks to me that the clamps are fitted the wrong way round - AFAIK, the moving part of the clamp goes to the back of the saw, not the front. Try turning the saw round on the clamps.

It looks to me that the clamps are fitted the wrong way round - AFAIK, the moving part of the clamp goes to the back of the saw, not the front. Try turning the saw round on the clamps.
Or, the saw osn't centred on rhe clamps and the stand!

When you say back and front,do you mean the moving part is near you where you can adjust them or away from you? I would have thought one would naturally placed the saw with clamps attached,where the moving or adjusting handles were nearest to you,instead of having to walk around the stand and then have to adjust them?

Morning all
I am plagued by the level of my mitre saw stand. I have a sliding mitre saw and an evolution mitre saw stand where it clamps on. I have fitted the mitre saw to the stand on and off trying to get it level. It works perfectly and is level, but when the arm slides back the saw slips backwards and it's tilted. Whatever I do it always slips back. Any ideas to solve the issue?
View attachment 186525
Is the saw too heavy for the stand?

Morning all
View attachment 186525
I would thoroughly check the clamps for any cracking of the plastics or metal bars or welds on clamps!!

First thing is does that level show the same when turned 180° ?

If the saw is not level then it will have no effect to cuts made when referenced on the saw, but it might be a case of heavy saw and flimsy stand where things are flexing. You could always make yourself a mitre saw bench which in a workshop is better for storage, I did this because the space under my Bosch stand was wasted and now I have drawers in my mitre saw bench.

Latest posts

Back