Mitre saw stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing is does that level show the same when turned 180° ?

If the saw is not level then it will have no effect to cuts made when referenced on the saw, but it might be a case of heavy saw and flimsy stand where things are flexing. You could always make yourself a mitre saw bench which in a workshop is better for storage, I did this because the space under my Bosch stand was wasted and now I have drawers in my mitre saw bench.
I'm assuming he bought the stand because he didn't have room for a saw bench.

If we go back to post 8 the first photo does not show the plastic clamp piece on the right or left, on the second photo the plastic clamp piece shows on the right, but still no clamp piece on the left something wrong there, I would suggest the left hand plastic clamp piece is missing, not usual to have metal too metal contact.

Morning everyone
sorry for the silence, but I have been running 5 inch trains for the last 2 days. I had a mate of mine, who is a carpenter, looking at the saw stand and he says the saw is too heavy. My set up is right, but the slider is too long making it too back heavy. We tried everything and it just won't work.
This is good to know for future reference for people getting a mitre saw stand. It was an evolution stand.
I will be making a saw stand now. My problem is it needs to be at the angle the stand is now as my shed is only 8 foot wide and the slider hits either the wall or I have to squeeze passed it to go in (see first pic) . I have a double door and currently really long bits are being fed in with the door open. So basically it will be a corner table. I will keep you posted.

Morning everyone
sorry for the silence, but I have been running 5 inch trains for the last 2 days. I had a mate of mine, who is a carpenter, looking at the saw stand and he says the saw is too heavy. My set up is right, but the slider is too long making it too back heavy. We tried everything and it just won't work.
This is good to know for future reference for people getting a mitre saw stand. It was an evolution stand.
I will be making a saw stand now. My problem is it needs to be at the angle the stand is now as my shed is only 8 foot wide and the slider hits either the wall or I have to squeeze passed it to go in (see first pic) . I have a double door and currently really long bits are being fed in with the door open. So basically it will be a corner table. I will keep you posted.
That's what I was thinking,so,what weight is the saw,the evolution should take a weight approx 20kg? Who makes the saw?

The saw is from Einhell and weighs 15 kg. But it's most likely the back weight.
Not sure about that those stands usually accept the same weights approx 18-20kg! I would be onto the stand manufacturer about that,for clarification! What weight can the stand take,do you know?

I am now thinking of either recycling parts of it and making a proper table or selling it and make a table from scratch .
That stand should take up to 150kg of weight,you saying 15kg is too heavy for it,that's strange,whether back weight or not!!

It states the stand takes 20kg. Well, we couldn't get it right for no love nor money. So I'll give the stand to a friend and build a nice corner mobile cart for it with foldable "wings"

It states the stand takes 20kg. Well, we couldn't get it right for no love nor money. So I'll give the stand to a friend and build a nice corner mobile cart for it with foldable "wings"
Could you let evolution know of your frustrations,and let us know of any reply they make,so it may be useful to those concerned here?

and the slider hits either the wall or I have to squeeze passed it to go in
I had more width but I know about getting past the the thing as the adjustment knob on the Bosch sticks out, hence why I brought the axial glide so it sits against the wall.

If the stand cannot take the weight of the saw then it can only get worse when you put a length of heavy timber on it so making a mitre saw bench to suit your location is the ideal way forward. Also that saw is probably not as heavy as others so a bench will be more future proof.

There are videos on youtube showing a similar weight saw and that stand,and they don't have this issue!

Latest posts

Back