Incredible project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen many details on the project other than this post which suggested it was built as @Suffolkboy suggested since the op is a timber merchant. And I biece the maker is timeless composites
1000083708.png

Last edited:
So I took the hint and had a look, and there’s lots of pictures! I’ll report back from my dangerous mission!
The most interesting pic is what looks to be the back on a truck where they are wrapping 1/4” strips over a 2x4” frame,difficult to see the edge treatment, and they presumably don’t want to give all their secrets away. They say it’s a composite sandwich using epoxy bioresins. I’m wondering if all the strips are CNC cut, tapering as they do. It really would be tedious otherwise.
Could be an extremely strong structure or a minefield if a crack develops and water gets in. All credit to them though, they make all sorts of structures this way, and quite beautiful too.
Ian

The arrangement of the strips in this picture looks very odd, particularly the random board with a square end. This was what made me think it was AI generated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240722-071402.png
    Screenshot_20240722-071402.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Well, there's at least one real example.
It's been a while but somewhere I have pictures of the original before it was completely finished.
Cheers, Andy

Latest posts

Back