House Extension - NEW PICTURES!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after losing nearly two months through snow, freezing temperatures, and Christmas we've had a bit of movement over the last fortnight.

Extension025.jpg

Extension024.jpg

Extension021.jpg

Extension022.jpg

Extension017.jpg

Extension018.jpg

Another week should get us to the stage where I take over and organise all the internal work.

Well, the saga continues...

Early March I finally lost patience with my builder and threw him off the job. I would have done it earlier but we had paid him too much money and had to wait until he caught up.

As soon as I felt that there was enough money left in the job to finish it myself I told him to sling his hook. He filed for bankruptcy three weeks later! :-({|=

Step in Charlie, one of the kitchen fitters I use. He's worked like crazy for a month and has pulled the project out of the fire.

Here's where we are now;

This is the view from the back garden. The steps are a left-over from our previous decking and are being replaced with brick ones next week.

Extension077.jpg

And my new study at the front

Extension078.jpg

The doorway to the study from the hall

Image0085.jpg

The lounge area

Image0084.jpg

The Audio/Visual wall

Extension.jpg

And the kitchen area laid out with temporary kitchen facilities. Now I'm happy with the lay-out I will be starting work building the kitchen in stages, fitting it in around paying jobs.

Image0081.jpg

Image0080.jpg

Image0083.jpg

It might look like we're slumming it but when you've been without a kitchen at all since December and have been washing up in the bath this is luxury. Fortunately SWMBO is happy that it may take 6 months to get everything finished. So it will be all over by Christmas, then - just a year late!

:D

Before anyone asks, I'm going to clad the exposed undersides of the hip timbers in oak.

Brad

Latest posts

Back