Headless TRVs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
I need to replace a few TRV bodies. I'd like to go for Drayton or Pegler, but I'm having trouble finding straight ones. I can find no-name valves in eBay or Amazon, but I'd rather not risk leaks.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Tbh I’m aware you can get the heads only ,, or the heads/ bodies combined but not sure you can but the body’s on their own but I’ll stand corrected..

Judging by the online prices for genuine Drayton bodies only I could probably buy the complete valve for the same money. 😲

Judging by the online prices for genuine Drayton bodies only I could probably buy the complete valve for the same money. 😲
This actually makes more sense as then you have spare heads .personally I’d fit the complete valves and keep the old heads as spares . Drayton / pegler / and Honeywell all do service kits so you shouldn’t really need to replace the body unless the system is contaminated with sludge ..

This actually makes more sense as then you have spare heads .personally I’d fit the complete valves and keep the old heads as spares . Drayton / pegler / and Honeywell all do service kits so you shouldn’t really need to replace the body unless the system is contaminated with sludge ..
I have Drayton Wiser wireless heads.
I wasn't aware of service kits, but in this instance, the valves I want to replace are very old and have threads for the heads that are seemingly incompatible with any adapters.

I have Drayton Wiser wireless heads.
I wasn't aware of service kits, but in this instance, the valves I want to replace are very old and have threads for the heads that are seemingly incompatible with any adapters.
Matching up new and old trv,s is and always will be a pita as more efficient valves come onto the market the size and design often changes to reflect this . I have hive heating control and fitted 3 hive trv.s and I’m glad I got them free. EDIT I gave up on them and just let the batteries die . Sometimes is just best to keep it simple - I can switch my heating on via my phone so never have to come home to a cold flat or turn it off if I’ve popped out for 1/2 hour but then get delayed..so my advice and my opinion is to fit regular trv,s and set them accordingly. I don’t believe there is any major savings to turning for eg .. 3 of your 10 radiators off unless they’re the size of goal lol 😂.

Matching up new and old trv,s is and always will be a pita as more efficient valves come onto the market the size and design often changes to reflect this . I have hive heating control and fitted 3 hive trv.s and I’m glad I got them free. EDIT I gave up on them and just let the batteries die . Sometimes is just best to keep it simple - I can switch my heating on via my phone so never have to come home to a cold flat or turn it off if I’ve popped out for 1/2 hour but then get delayed..so my advice and my opinion is to fit regular trv,s and set them accordingly. I don’t believe there is any major savings to turning for eg .. 3 of your 10 radiators off unless they’re the size of goal lol 😂.
Thanks for the advice, but I've had ten Drayton Wiser valve heads installed for about three years now, and I'm fairly happy with them, but I live in a strange household, with 3 generations. The reason I'm looking for headless TRVs is because I have a few radiators that aren't wirelessly controlled yet, and the valves are unsuitable owing to being faulty or old, incompatible threads.

Latest posts

Back