Exploding Pagers - Lebanon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Israel vs Palestine is a conflict with no realistic end. It's a war and so both sides do bad things and then defend it and blame the other. People seem to find it very polarising, hence there is no middle ground, thus internet debate is just as extreme as the actual conflict. We are in the UK and it's not our war. It is not our business as we are no longer a global power.

If I remember correctly they refused to open the gates on there boarder with Palestine for aid to get through!
Palestinians trying to reach that gate were targetted by the Israeli Air Force. The road was bombed intentionally. It may have been a decision forced upon them to close their borders at some points.

If I remember correctly they refused to open the gates on there boarder with Palestine for aid to get through!
When it comes to borders, its where its going that has the yay or nay decision. So if it was coming from Israel, Egypt could refuse, in which case it doesnt matter how insistent israel is, it stays put, but in this case of aid going into israel, it is israel that can deny entry.
Thats usually the case of how they work, but i would think that both sides need an agreement on who manages it.
The crossing was seized by Israel in 2024 during the Rafah offensive. In reply Egypt closed off the crossing and rejected an Israeli proposal to coordinate the reopening of the Rafah border crossing insisting that the crossing should be managed only by Palestinian authorities.

But im not sure 100% that Egypt were the ones refusing to allow aid across, as thats one of the things israel has been accused of preventing.

Just to add a bit of levity to all this.

Two countries on semi friendly terms have made the interaction between each side a bit of a show. You probably know about the Pakistan/Indian border guards at the Attari-Wagah border, but for those who aren't, its quite a show. Each trying to outdo the other with their exaggerated moves

Lebanon / Hezbolla has now declared that nobody in the world is safe against their terrorist arracks. Just wonderful. Another Muslim terrorist organisation running around blowing themselves and loads of innocent civilians up. I’m sure the anti Israeli supporters will see it as totally justified. Instead we we should all be supporting Isreal eliminating the terrorist organisations.

Lebanon / Hezbolla has now declared that nobody in the world is safe against their terrorist arracks. Just wonderful. Another Muslim terrorist organisation running around blowing themselves and loads of innocent civilians up. I’m sure the anti Israeli supporters will see it as totally justified. Instead we we should all be supporting Isreal eliminating the terrorist organisations.
Unfortunately deema, too many people have been blinded by an anti Israel propaganda train to see your pov. I'm with you though

Back