Countertop cutout fail and how to correct it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jigsaws don't cut square. It doesn't matter which model, how used, or which blades, the cut wanders off square.
It's a fact.
The only answer is a router.

Jigsaws don't cut square. It doesn't matter which model, how used, or which blades, the cut wanders off square.
That tends to be my experience in material over 12 to 18mm thick, they just don't like cutting perpendicular but then they were designed to cut curves. If I get a need where the jigsaw is the only option then I would just buy the mafell as that with it's expensive thicker blades looks to be the only jigsaw that can cut perpendicular.

Don't plunge cut these solid wood worktops honestly that saw will spit out when the wood tension grips the blade. Composite worktops are fine but solid wood isn't safe. More specifically I've had v dodgy moments when cutting along the grain. Not an issue on the cross grain. Plunge saw or not use a jig saw.
The mafell isn't a game changer and the thick blade is intended for curved cuts in general which it does very slowly. I've had one for years and it's not worth the
Mulah tbh.

Back