Auction at Pughs ledbury this Saturday Aug 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karl":1qekpsp0 said:
mahking51":1qekpsp0 said:
Hi Roger,
No they call me on my mobile when the lot before comews up and I get them to bid live for me. retty tense on the 444 at £***'s though.
Martn

Come on then Martin - spill the beans. How much did the 444 set you back????

Cheers

Karl

All the prices will be there on the Pugh website in afew days.

Karl":g6efbiyo said:
mahking51":g6efbiyo said:
Hi Roger,
No they call me on my mobile when the lot before comews up and I get them to bid live for me. retty tense on the 444 at £***'s though.
Martn

Come on then Martin - spill the beans. How much did the 444 set you back????

Cheers

Karl

You paid how much? !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Assuming it was complete (it was in the box, so i'd imagine so), I reckon it was a good buy. But value is in the eye of the beholder :lol:

Cheers

Karl

sadly, plus commission; but I am very happy at that price although I was not going to go much further :roll:
Got the 66 and some nice other bits and pieces as well.
Martin

Stanley 444 - definitely one for the enthusiasts.

It was featured in full colour on the front of Pugh's catalogue, which, no doubt helped the price, most folk would have missed it, buried as it was in the small print.

Patrick's 'Blood and Gore' details a little about this little knuckle-duster look-alike:

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan14.htm

It's the last item at the bottom of the page.

Afraid he's not too complimentary writing about the ease-of-use department......

Hi all,
Having just got the stuff I bought in the post it looks like you need an A level just to put the 444 together; thankfully it is totally complete including the spur blocks and instructions.
Near as dammit pretty much mint condition.
Might have to bring it to a bash and see if anyone can make it work properly.
Cheers,
Martin[/img]

mahking51":n1h9xfxw said:
Hi all,
Having just got the stuff I bought in the post it looks like you need an A level just to put the 444 together; thankfully it is totally complete including the spur blocks and instructions.
Near as dammit pretty much mint condition.
Might have to bring it to a bash and see if anyone can make it work properly.
Cheers,
Martin[/img]

Garratt Hack says that most of them are complete and in mint condition - cos they were so difficult and time consuming to use.

One for the collection probably (as opposed to a "user").

Cheers

Karl

Latest posts

Back