Bandsaw - £1-1.8k range

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My assumption is that is discontinued in favour of the Sabre line.
Yes it has been superceeded and the sabre fence is now available as an upgrade for the BS400. The sabre 450 is really an updated 400 with an extra 2 inchs of cut and upgraded fence and blade guides, along with the price.

I bought from the Axminster 'Workshop ' range (for serious home hobby use) and I am very pleased, having had experience of several professional machines. Re-sawed 4" x 3/4" softwood ) straight out of the box, and the two 'Axcaliber ' ground blades and mitre fence extras are very impressive.

Setup instructions more than adequate .

Thanks all, think I am heading towards the 14BX since quite a few have voted for it, and the wisdom is to buy slightly more than you think you need (want).

I have the 14/12 and happy with it. It's plenty of power. I've done a little bit of resawing. Cutting through large green logs etc and it's handled It well. It has a few minor niggles, and if I were to buy another I'd go for the BX.
Also I recommend getting a variety of blades for your needs from tuffsaws. Having the right blade for the job helps significantly.

Back