Anyone got a mcallister mitre saw stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall Church

Established Member
Reaction score
got a used one of these,does anyone know where I could get a plastic insert for the mounting bracket,this is the square hole the workstop goes into!

I think it'll be hard to track down a macallister part for a stand, however I'd assume those to be rebadged items sold under many companies' branding, so if you can find the part after market it has a chance of fitting.

Normally I'd look at somewhere like https://www.mtmc.co.uk/ for exploded diagrams and the lists of parts, but i couldn't see any parts for these stands (only a quick look).

As macallister is a b & q / screwfix exclusive brand (to the best of my knowledge) you could try contacting their customer services.

Show us a picture. It sounds like one of us with a 3D printer might help.
+1

A 3D printed part would be pretty simple and the STL file quite possibly exists somewhere on the web.

I've just got one and don't know how to use it properly yet but it's great fun and potentially very useful. Could be yet another rabbit hole of course.

The one I just purchased was ~£800 - Bambu Labs P1S - and is more or less ready to go from the get-go. However printers are available from a couple of hundred if you are prepared to spend loads of time assembling it and fettling it everytime you want to print. So basically anything from a couple of hundred to thousands.

I paid £125 for a virtually new Creality Ender3 S1 pro but you can buy them on offer for well under £200 new and they take very little self assembly. OK not the highest quality but the ender series and it's many clones have been around a long time and there's tons of help and videos out there for a beginner as well as cheap freely available spares. I've only had mine a couple of weeks but printed out the usual items to test, (there are thousands of free files to download) but I've just printed out a purpose designed sat nav holder to fit in the dashboard clip in our motorhome which is excellent and I downloaded a file and printed a safety tool that goes into the breech of my Wiehrauch air rifle when cleaning.

My wife was sceptical when I said I'd buy a printer but that has gone and she's gobsmacked. Especially as I'm in the middle of designing a replacement handle for our obsolete Shark floor steamer. Nothing wrong with the machine but impossible to get a handle which they wanted me to replace at £250. I already have a list of potential projects around the house and workshop and the possibilities are exciting.

There is a learning curve if you want to design your own stuff as you need to use a cad program like Fusion 360 (free version) but there are others and it's not that difficult as you can follow youtube videos if necessary.

This ebay link for example is the official Creality ebay shop (I believe) and it's listed new at £189 but there's a coupon code which reduces that to £151 if bought by 26th August. I'm not saying buy that just relating my limited experience. I also have a Creality Falcon2 laser engraver btw.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40474904...7sgXgzfKi44DBrtB30A_tHVtRq_3awvxoCiXUQAvD_BwE

EDIT
Cheaper still from the same source. TBH I'd have bought new if this offer had been available

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40516137...lp:4429486&itmmeta=01J5QJ3SDFWZQVM7DC43KP9XGZ

Last edited:
Ok,I've managed to sort out the insert issue,however,a new issue arises!
The mount tools that attach to the saw,which then attach to the mitre stand,have bolts that are too small for my Ryobi ems 2026 scl,it an old machine but works very well! The bolt holes on the saw are bigger,but the slots in the mount tools,so my bolts i had on my saw won't fit thru them!! The bolts with the stand seem.lighter than my bolts! Any suggestions!

got a used one of these,does anyone know where I could get a plastic insert for the mounting bracket,this is the square hole the workstop goes into!
The mount tools that attach to the saw,which then attach to the mitre stand,have m6 bolts that are too small for my Ryobi ems 2026 scl,it's an old machine but works very well! The bolt holes on the saw are bigger 8m,but the slots in the mount tools are M6,so my bolts won't fit thru them!! Any suggestions!

Last edited:
The mount tools that attach to the saw,which then attach to the mitre stand,have m6 bolts that are too small for my Ryobi ems 2026 scl,it's an old machine but works very well! The bolt holes on the saw are bigger 8m,but the slots in the mount tools are M6,so my bolts won't fit thru them!! Any suggestions!
unless I've missed something you just need some m6 bolts and some penny washers?

unless I've missed something you just need some m6 bolts and some penny washers?
The holes in my mitre saw are 10mm the bolts that came with the stand are 6mm, ,I'm not sure the penny washers will suffice on saw table! Now,you could be right,but, the washers idea looks a bit iffy!

Latest posts

Back