Jet 16-32 Drum-sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good chance the shaft will be (somewhat) hardened steel, so a HSS bit will struggle.

The "right" solution would likely be a carbide endmill; though in 2mm dia it would be quite fragile.

I have had a reply from Jet in the USA and they wanted the serial number of the machine, to which they said it is not an American machine, but Tool France machine, so I have contacted them this morning, and await their reply

Good chance the shaft will be (somewhat) hardened steel, so a HSS bit will struggle.

The "right" solution would likely be a carbide endmill; though in 2mm dia it would be quite fragile.
Thank's sploo, it is not going to be easy to drill, I am waiting to hear back from Jet in France, (Tool France)

I have had a reply from Jet in the USA and they wanted the serial number of the machine, to which they said it is not an American machine, but Tool France machine, so I have contacted them this morning, and await their reply
Contact Axminster tools there tech department is bang on I was quoted 450 dollars from tool France for a circuit board on top of that was postage and import duty and more taxes I got the exact same board for £135 inc postage from them

Contact Axminster tools there tech department is bang on I was quoted 450 dollars from tool France for a circuit board on top of that was postage and import duty and more taxes I got the exact same board for £135 inc postage from them
Thank you Bob008 I will contact Axminster tools today and see if they can help, I actually bought the machine from them in 2019

I have had a reply from Axminster Tools saying they no longer sell Jet Tools and that I should contact Tool France, which I already have and am waiting for a reply
That seems odd my machine is a powermatic drum sander which is also discontinued but they sorted it out for me

Well I finally got it made, it was a bit fiddly and hard to drill through the cast metal, but I got a new steel rod and used a new steel nut about the right size and it was easier to drill, I drilled through the cast metal with a 3mm end mill and drilled through the nut and steel rod with a cobalt drill bit, and used steel pins to go right through both, I put it back together and it works just fine, I have noticed that the variable speed control is not working but I very seldom used that, I am not sure if that can be fixed or not, but I am not too worried about that at the moment, Thank you all for your help

Attachments

• 20240808_085146.jpg
    20240808_085146.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240808_085124.jpg
    20240808_085124.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back