Any gas heating engineers on the forum? Advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ey_tony

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, last week my gas boiler finally gave up the ghost after 27 years of service. The boiler an IDEAL Classic RS250.
I called someone out today to give me a price and a more or less 'modern like for like swap was quoted as £2900.00 for the swap (equivalent modern Ideal boiler) including Hive smart thermostat.
The brickwork around the new small diameter flue will need doing but other than that it's virtually a straight swap. The house is a compact 4 bed detached just over 25 years old.
To be honest I haven't a clue with regard to pricing these days so if there are any heating engineers reading this, is this a fair price?

Get more quotes and also make sure the price includes a system flush and a filter is included as you may not have one on the old system. Also the new boiler will be a condensing type and require a condensate pipe to a drain which will all be new so a little more work. So get more quotes and make sure they are listing what that entails so you have no surprises and can do fair comparisons between the quotes.

Get more quotes and also make sure the price includes a system flush and a filter is included as you may not have one on the old system. Also the new boiler will be a condensing type and require a condensate pipe to a drain which will all be new so a little more work. So get more quotes and make sure they are listing what that entails so you have no surprises and can do fair comparisons between the quotes.
Thanks Spectric...will do that.

Latest posts

Back