Wobble Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Omas Wobble Saw pictures here. Can these be set to zero...ie just the blade thickness for a groove.
Can anyone tell me how to zero it ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5869.jpeg
    IMG_5869.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
There should be a scale around the body, which you set against a pointer.
You can see the scale (3 to 15mm in units) can't see the marker, unless it's that little line on the blade above the 3mm mark.
Excellent bit of kit - the only danger is that you can't see the teeth too well when it's spinning so 2 pushsticks etc.
Very unlikely grab and throwback as the bade spins free in a slot wider than the blade, unless you set it to zero

Last edited:

Set it to maximum and turn the adjuster to its full extent in the opposite direction.

I am wondering what kind of instructions you need for this other than to use some logic.

Make a trial cut. Adjust the mechanism. Make another trial cut. The cut will either be wider or narrow than the first one. When you reach a point where adjustment in either direction only produces a wider cut, you have reached the minimum of its capabilities.

I have an Omas Wobble Saw pictures here. Can these be set to zero...ie just the blade thickness for a groove.

Thanks
As others have said there is a registration mark on the lower collar - not visible in the photo you posted and you align that with the top scale to set the slot width. In your case that minimum will be 3.5mm the kerf of the blade itself.

Thanks for the advice.
I think I bought it originally a few years ago on your recommendation Jacob.
I found the blob mark on the side but it is tricky to get absolute zero. This is the nearest next to the mini saw blade
but lying it flat with a depth gauge it is still .6mm from side to side.....that was fine for what I needed though.

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Couple of thoughts. First, have you the right diameter blade in it? I’m suspecting you have a blade of a greater diameter than the hub is designed for. There are if memory serves, two blade diameters.
Two, is it assembled correctly? It’s a long time since I last played with mine, but I do remember that it’s easy to get one of the parts upside down and then the scale doesn’t correspond with the groove it makes.

Back