US Election November 5th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's because we see him as a grotesque monster and a threat to democracy, and as USA president a threat to the world.

But he lies to them and gives them nothing.

I'm more worried about what they won't do. Starmer has a long record of timidity and changing course.

No - it's more just the truth slowly dawning on ex tory voters. But there was a very low turnout - Labour lowest since pre WW2 and won by default, not a swing. There was a massive swing away from both sides.

More stirring from the left wing media the better!
I guess you must have been reading Tribune or something as there is no mainstream left wing media as such. The Guardian pretends but actually led the pack in the defenestration of Corbyn for instance.
Let's put it this way, I'd feel far safer with Trump as the American president than the oaf in charge right now. Trump whatever his failings isn't a war-monger unlike the clowns in charge of the USA right now who have taken the West to the brink of nuclear war! Those are the threat to the world, not Trump.
If Trump is the best they can come up with as an opposition out of a population of 330 million, it just shows how bad American politics really are. He's no more of a crook than Biden.

The same applies to the oaf Starmer...just looking at his plans, this country is headed for disaster. He was useless as an opposition leader and it appears equally so as a PM.
His stance on the recent riots tells me that he hasn't a clue and is so out of touch of what the true underlying problem really is. If he thinks that stamping down on so called 'far right' thugs and vandals will be the answer then he's a long way off course.

The sooner him and his tribe are out of office the better. I can't see them lasting five years...if they manage three I will be utterly surprised.

Last edited:
Let's put it this way, I'd feel far safer with Trump as the American president than the oaf in charge right now. Trump whatever his failings isn't a war-monger unlike the clowns in charge of the USA right now who have taken the West to the brink of nuclear war! Those are the threat to the world, not Trump.
If Trump is the best they can come up with as an opposition out of a population of 330 million, it just shows how bad American politics really are. He's no more of a crook than Biden.

The same applies to the oaf Starmer...just looking at his plans, this country is headed for disaster. He was useless as an opposition leader and it appears equally so as a PM.
His stance on the recent riots tells me that he hasn't a clue and is so out of touch of what the true underlying problem really is. If he thinks that stamping down on so called 'far right' thugs and vandals will be the answer then he's a long way off course.

The sooner him and his tribe are out of office the better. I can't see them lasting five years...if they manage three I will be utterly surprised.
Better start practicing your surprised face...

Just to be clear, I'm not sure Starmer et al are the best we'll ever see, but they're a hell of a lot better than the shower they replaced.

As for Trump, he's about as bad as it can get, as are the people around him who give him free rein.

For a start the US isn't at war with anyone currently, it is supplying arms which is no different to many countries. But that is semantics and it could be argued there is a proxy war going on, but let's think about why that is.

For a start Trump was in power during Covid which meant not many people were up for running around starting wars. Secondly Russia didn't need to go to war whilst trump was in power as he was already doing their work for them. Never interupt your enemy whilst they are making a mistake as the saying goes. Trump has done nothing but divide the US, which is/was exactly what countries like Russia wanted and continues to facilitate as best it can.

He is a buffoon that made the US a laughing stock on the global stage and is constantly praising dictators and siding with Putin over his own intelligence service.

If you would prefer sovereign nations like Ukraine fall to Russia without any help then that's your opinion. Perhaps you might say Ukraine is corrupt and it's people actually want to be Russian, but as far as I can see Ukraine would have fallen a long time ago if their own people didn't want to fight and remain a sovereign country.

It's easy not to get into a fight if you are allowing the bullies to take your friend's dinner money and praising them for doing so. It doesn't make you the strong one

Trump is (quite literally) a convicted criminal; for both fraud and sexual offences. He's vain, short tempered, and highly aggressive to anyone that doesn't worship him. He's got the morals of an alley cat (and that's being cruel to alley cats). The idea that he's less of a danger to the world than the alternatives simply doesn't pass any sort of check against factual reality.

Starmer is hardly the greatest leader the country's ever had, but I mean come on - in comparison to the last decade or so of the descent of man that the Tory party gave us (Boris, Truss, Patel, Dories, Braverman, Raab, Williamson etc) it'd be somewhat difficult to not be an upgrade in terms of competence and integrity.

Last edited:
If he thinks that stamping down on so called 'far right' thugs and vandals will be the answer then he's a long way off course.
Well, clearly education and long-term economics need to play their part, but it's very clear they are "'far right' thugs and vandals". What's just tonight's right-wing violent nonsense going to cost the tax payer, and what will we be paying to house the idiots who were sentenced to jail today for years to come? Your 'so called' seems to suggest you're in doubt about what they are?

Wow I feel completely the opposite wrt the US President and global safety.

Stick to the topic please.

I've never understood the mentality of those Brits who make it their business to criticise and ridicule anyone who votes for Trump. Obviously he'll never be my president as I'm British and he is an odd sort I agree but I keep my opinions to myself regarding anyone who votes for him.
There are millions of disenfranchised American citizens, many of whom live in what we would consider abject poverty and he gives them a voice which is why they vote for him.

I suppose a Trumptard is the equivalent of the UK's Labourtard or Leftards or Europhile. None of those titles or labels are particularly nice.
We've had the Labour government in office for a month now and it looks like it could be a disaster in the making judging by the ideas they are coming out with and arguably their election victory was a vote made because of the anti-Tory mass hysteria stirred up by the left wing media so I think criticising those who vote for Trump is somewhat hypocritical.
tell me youre a reform voter without saying youre a reform voter..

tell me youre a reform voter without saying youre a reform voter..
I'm not a reform voter nor right wing voter for that matter and unlike you I don't make stupid assumptions about other people's political leanings.
I've simply made observations and comments in reply to the left wing tripe that was posted.
How you view it is your problem and not mine.

I'm not a reform voter nor right wing voter for that matter and unlike you I don't make stupid assumptions about other people's political leanings.
I've simply made observations and comments in reply to the left wing tripe that was posted.
How you view it is your problem and not mine.
ah, the endangered tory spotted in the wild...

I don't know too much about the American system other than it's obviously fairer than ours. That we can be governed by a Party which one person in five voted for is a bad joke.
Really? My understanding is the American system is a 2 party system, which in reality means that you don't get anything done if the other party decides not to agree. Look at the recent bi-partisan border bill that was widely accepted at being a step forward on both sides, and was then killed because Trump ordered his minions to vote against it as it would go some way to fixing the problem of immigration. He would have literally nothing to stand for as he has no policies other than abortion and immigration.

It is also reliant on money, on both sides. The amount of money spent on campaigning (on both sides) is obscene. Whilst Musk has retracted his initial offerings (as he is a con-man) he was going to give trump $45m a month to support his campaign. Seeing as most of Musk's money comes from Government contracts, he was merely (mis)using Government funds to ensure his own income doesn't dry up.

We aren't perfect here but we have way more checks and balances and thankfully don't seem to allow showboating con-men to run the show for long. Look at Boris, we got rid of him for having a party in lockdown. Trump currently has 45+ criminal indictments, civil sexual assult convictions, convicted of business fraud, literally lies every second word and has managed to stack the supreme court so he now can claim presidential immunity which makes zero sense when you look at the US constitution where everyone is equal under the law.

The US elections are also pretty much decided by 7 states despite not having the same amount of people as most of the other states.

I don't know too much about the American system other than it's obviously fairer than ours. That we can be governed by a Party which one person in five voted for is a bad joke.
Couldn’t/doesn’t the same thing happen in the US if they have a low turnout of the electorate and the results in different states don’t coincide with the overall distribution of the population?

I think all systems have their drawbacks and those that are strongly affiliated to the losing side(s) will bemoan it for the period they are in opposition but claim it to be the best once back in power.

Couldn’t/doesn’t the same thing happen in the US if they have a low turnout of the electorate and the results in different states don’t coincide with the overall distribution of the population?

I think all systems have their drawbacks and those that are strongly affiliated to the losing side(s) will bemoan it for the period they are in opposition but claim it to be the best once back in power.
In a two party system (effectively) the result is always going to be between 60:40 and 51:49 as both parties will adopt policies which they think will capture the "centre ground".

That we may regard Trump as far from the centre ground as feasible isn't the point - the centre in the US is well to the right of the UK.

In the UK with (currently) 4 major parties (Tory, Labour, LibDem, Reform) it would be possible to win the popular vote with just 26% of the electorate. With FPTP is would also be theoretically feasible for the party with 26% to win every seat, or no seats in the HoC.

If Trump is the best they can come up with as an opposition out of a population of 330 million, it just shows how bad American politics really are
Well there was something about american politics on Tv where potential candidates for positions were being questioned and they were really not upto it, failing to answer questions on the basics of the amendments and such which are I believe the foundations of there constitution yet they could not answer so yes it looks like they are in a mess like us.

Also people here questioned why it was when starmer met biden that he could see nothing wrong with him, some said it might be just a diplomatic stance, others said maybe a case of grovelling to help the anglo american relationship but now it seems starmer has no ability with social interactions or people skills, almost a touch of autism showing so to him biden was perfectly normal and they were on the same page.

Well there was something about american politics on Tv where potential candidates for positions were being questioned and they were really not upto it, failing to answer questions on the basics of the amendments and such which are I believe the foundations of there constitution yet they could not answer so yes it looks like they are in a mess like us.

Also people here questioned why it was when starmer met biden that he could see nothing wrong with him, some said it might be just a diplomatic stance, others said maybe a case of grovelling to help the anglo american relationship but now it seems starmer has no ability with social interactions or people skills, almost a touch of autism showing so to him biden was perfectly normal and they were on the same page.
You do write some stuff...

Latest posts

Back