THE FOURTH OF JULY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a look at Reforms manifesto, I won’t be voting for them, that’s for sure.

On Brexit, just saw this.

IMG_0860.jpeg

Farage was pretty much shredded on GMB this morning. Unfunded plans, benefiting the rich most, incapable of vetting candidates, politically naïve candidates.
How anyone could think they're a credible government in waiting escapes me.
It's disgraceful he's given so much air time when they only have the single MP and he's a tory defector not elected on that platform.
Hopefully they'll come out of the election with no MPs at all. Then the BBC can answer why he got so much attention.

Farage was pretty much shredded on GMB this morning. Unfunded plans, benefiting the rich most, incapable of vetting candidates, politically naïve candidates.
It's disgraceful he's given so much air time when they only have the single MP and he's a tory defector not elected on that platform.
Hopefully they'll come out of the election with no MPs at all. Then the BBC can answer why he got so much attention.
Agree completely. They might just as well give the monster raving loony party equal air time, I'm sure they'd pick up plenty more votes purely on the basis of increased exposure.

I disagree completely. I thought their contract was amazing.

FB_IMG_1718707562039.jpg

Ahem.

I watch Reform's deputy on NewsNight yesterday. He was give 20 minuets to spout his bile hardly chalenged.

What I find so offensive is their championing of the D Day troops achievments.

They forget that the same surviving troops voted in the Labour government that introduced the Beveradge Report establishing the welfair state and the NHS, a masive house building programme both council and private to the excelent now abandoned Parker Morrison standards, implimented the 44 Butler Education act building hundres of new schools, free school milk and national health orange juice. Britain then played a significant role in establishing the European Convention of Human Rights the precurser to the Human Rights Act. That was what the D Day, VE and VJ generation believed in. The generation of most of our Mothers and Fathers.
Labour only lost power because of the dreadful winter of 1948 and the continuation of rationing. Even then the subsequent Conservitive governments maintained and built on the post war settlment, took us into Europe. Not until Thatcher did they really start trying to destroy the country, with policies exactly like Reform, and dare I say it, the Tories are now promoting.

Labour only lost power because of the dreadful winter of 1948 and the continuation of rationing. Even then the subsequent Conservitive governments maintained and built on the post war settlment, took us into Europe. Not until Thatcher did they really start trying to destroy the country, with policies exactly like Reform, and dare I say it, the Tories are now promoting.
Thanks to Labour, in power or out, we had the "post war consensus", which came to an abrupt end in 1979.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-war_consensus

The definition of "debate" is usually characterised by words such as "discussion", "convince", "conclusion", - a kind of respectful, well reasoned argument over opposing points of view

I've just been watching the Channel 4 election debate.. Seven politicians talking over each other, ignoring divergent views, selective in their use of data and arguments.

Needless to say I have now turned over to something more interesting - "Bangers and Cash" following a Yorkshire family business auctioning classic cars. It does what it says on the can - entertains and informs. Egocentric politicians spouting skewed nonsense will not be on my TV radar!

I will be interested to understand how viewing figures for election debates change over the campaign - it may be that by the 4th July, shopping channels will outstrip election broadcast audiences.

So who is preping for a very hard time ahead under the Starmer administration ? Not a lot you can do but if in later years then you can cash in smaller bonds or make sure they are invested overseas, or just buy those new tools you have been thinking of.

I know of several people running small busineses that have already shut up shop because they had predicted a labour government before the election was called, but the people who have not experienced the chaos of labours inability to manage the economy need there eyes opened. It is a shame that we no longer have a Labour party that is true to it's roots and is just another branch of being conservative.

So as I said, buy your tools and goods now because they are probably a better investment, batten down the hatches and lets enjoy our woodworking whilst this storm passes and 2029 will be an even more interesting election because labour will be in the same position as the conservatives are now but with another leader and many people will be regreting what they wished for.

Labour victory has been the likely outcome for more than 2 years. The stock market reflects in its current price all anticipated future events, albeit not always correctly.

The FTSE100 share index has been 7500 (+/-200) for the last year until April. It has since peaked at 8400 and is currently 8200.

I can only conclude the stock market does not share your negative views for business outlook - quite the reverse.

Whether the increase arises due to greater confidence in Sir Kier than Rishi, or simply the benefits of removing uncertainty is a matter of opinion!!

So who is preping for a very hard time ahead under the Starmer administration ? Not a lot you can do but if in later years then you can cash in smaller bonds or make sure they are invested overseas, or just buy those new tools you have been thinking of.

I know of several people running small busineses that have already shut up shop because they had predicted a labour government before the election was called, but the people who have not experienced the chaos of labours inability to manage the economy need there eyes opened. It is a shame that we no longer have a Labour party that is true to it's roots and is just another branch of being conservative.

So as I said, buy your tools and goods now because they are probably a better investment, batten down the hatches and lets enjoy our woodworking whilst this storm passes and 2029 will be an even more interesting election because labour will be in the same position as the conservatives are now but with another leader and many people will be regreting what they wished for.
What utter garbage. I won't even begin to refute all the nonsense in it. I'm glad I don't live in your world.

What utter garbage. I won't even begin to refute all the nonsense in it. I'm glad I don't live in your world.
There we have one of the major issues, denial and burying ones head in the sand. To fix any problem it has to be accepted and put on the table and not just put out of sight. If anyone believes that any party will put things right and make our living standards better within the next five years then they are in for a massive shock. The UK is so broken and in pieces that there is no magic potion to fix and in the past we did have a labour party that I used to always vote for but it is no more, the last thing we need is a party that gets in by default with a massive majority as they will just ride rough shod over everything and leave an even bigger mess in years to come. This will hopefully destroy this version of labour and make them get back to there roots.

Latest posts

Back