Stainless steel splashback

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've applied some butt and bead design mrmdf panelling to my kitchen as a splashback. Plan is to paint it with a good quality kitchen paint and silicone the edge to the worktop. However, I've had a lot of them come away from the wall. The wall is an insulated plasterboard and I used screwfix no nonsense solvent free grab adhesive. It's odd as half of the panels have stuck solid. The half where it's fine are just plastered rather than insulated plasterboard. So it appears that the plasterboard walls aren't great with this adhesive. I've managed to sort out the loose boards by adding some solvent adhesive which appears to have resolved the issue.
A point to note, I have also stuck a glass splashback on one of the plasterboard walls using silicone and that is absolutely solid.
So I'd recommend either silicone, or a solvent adhesive.

I've applied some butt and bead design mrmdf panelling to my kitchen as a splashback. Plan is to paint it with a good quality kitchen paint and silicone the edge to the worktop. However, I've had a lot of them come away from the wall. The wall is an insulated plasterboard and I used screwfix no nonsense solvent free grab adhesive. It's odd as half of the panels have stuck solid. The half where it's fine are just plastered rather than insulated plasterboard. So it appears that the plasterboard walls aren't great with this adhesive. I've managed to sort out the loose boards by adding some solvent adhesive which appears to have resolved the issue.
A point to note, I have also stuck a glass splashback on one of the plasterboard walls using silicone and that is absolutely solid.
So I'd recommend either silicone, or a solvent adhesive.
Ok thanks for that,what I've done now is used a silicone adhesive on insulated plasterboard,it seems to have grabbed well,so I'll look tomorrow and see how I've done,don't know if the heat from cooker will affect it,like yours!

Back