Riots - Bring on the army

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's all gone to pot. Not like the good old days when folk had proper morals :D :D :D

adolf.jpg
stalin_1120620c.jpg

A bit more sharia law and a bit less do-goody liberal nonsense IMHO

RogerS":nryc1dae said:
MIGNAL":nryc1dae said:
Nice! Sounds a bit like Zimbabwe.

OK..dead easy to denigrate it. ,,,
It is! So much so I can't really be bothered. :lol:
One detail - the top limit on wages. Instead I'd have very high progressive tax rates up to 90% or more at the top end. Let people earn as much as they can but then let's take a lot of it back to put back into society. And much higher death duties and much higher minimum wages.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many people would work for 10% of their wages less NI etc?
MPs?

Roy.

Digit":3sj9o8qs said:
Out of curiosity I wonder how many people would work for 10% of their wages less NI etc?
MPs?

Roy.
Surely an incentive to work harder?
There would be bands - only 90% above say £100k? Perhaps 95% for unearned income?

Sounds like a pretty poor incentive to me. Also not all people are paid on their output, thus working harder would net them nothing, not much of an incentive there either.

Roy.

£100k per annum is about £50 per hour. 10% of this is £5 per hour. Slightly lower than the minimum wage - but that's only for earnings above £100k. So if that's not an incentive for a particular individual it means someone else gets the work (at £50 per hour!!) and we could reduce unemployment at the same time! win win!!

Jacob":13oe2p4m said:
One detail - the top limit on wages. Instead I'd have very high progressive tax rates up to 90% or more at the top end. Let people earn as much as they can but then let's take a lot of it back to put back into society. And much higher death duties and much higher minimum wages.

#-o Now why hasn't that been thought of before?
In one fell swoop, remove any possible incentive to work hard to advance a career and as you won't need one you don't need an education either. Just think of the savings and no teachers!
No reason for anyone to take a risk and build a business so no jobs except for "the state" as the only employer who will provide everything from matchbox flats where people can be monitored and controlled to soup kitchens so no need to cook or wash up. No freedom of speech, one offspring per family. Everybody lives for free (benefits) - Utopia :-"

Now it needs a name - sounds like an "ism" and maybe some kind of "comune" :-k

reduce unemployment at the same time! win win!

Eh! If first chap is removed from dole queue to replace second chap and second chap signs on where's the reduction in unemployment then?
Great system!
BTW, it was tried by one H Wilson. High earners moved abroad, history.

Roy.

Lons":25fweyrm said:
Now it needs a name - sounds like an "ism" and maybe some kind of "comune" :-k
How about "civilisation"?

According to Wiki there now some 195/196 uncivilised countries in the world.

Roy.

Jacob":2108i5jd said:
RogerS":2108i5jd said:
MIGNAL":2108i5jd said:
Nice! Sounds a bit like Zimbabwe.

OK..dead easy to denigrate it. ,,,
It is! So much so I can't really be bothered. :lol:

Jacob

You are a tit

Steering the post back on course

Its the best educated, most priveleged, and most affluent that hold the rudder for this country, they have been vested with the responsibility to mark our course, where are we now, Treasure Island ?.
Why should the scum of this country assume responsibility for its failings when the big wigs can and regularly dodge accountability ?. If anyone has not seen this coming for the last decade or two then they are blissfully out of touch.

[/quote]

Jacob

You are a tit[/quote]

Referee !

I recently received a warning PM from CHJ for calling 'Woodbloke' - 'Woodenbloke', which is fair enough I suppose, however of late this forum has become littered with blatant profanities and direct insults, the LuptonM post on stanley chisels par example, now personaly I dont give a Peanut Butter what anyone calls me in here, I swear like trooper in real life, its the 'consistency-fail' that bothers me, I tried to highlight this last night by using Karls ' w a n k e r' picture as a retort back in his direction, which was petty of me yes, in the hope that at least one Moderator would have interjected-but no. This place needs a bit of a tidy me thinks.

A little off track but I read something recently that nobody in a company should be paid less than 10% of the highest earner.

So there is an incentive for those at the top to look after those at the bottom.

Doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.

Mick

barkwindjammer":1xuq5jh6 said:
mark270981":1xuq5jh6 said:
Jacob

You are a tit

Referee !

I recently received a warning PM from CHJ for calling 'Woodbloke' - 'Woodenbloke', which is fair enough I suppose, however of late this forum has become littered with blatant profanities and direct insults, the LuptonM post on stanley chisels par example, now personaly I dont give a Peanut Butter what anyone calls me in here, I swear like trooper in real life, its the 'consistency-fail' that bothers me, I tried to highlight this last night by using Karls ' w a n k e r' picture as a retort back in his direction, which was petty of me yes, in the hope that at least one Moderator would have interjected-but no. This place needs a bit of a tidy me thinks.
No worries. I don't mind being called a tit, as long as it is only by a twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back