Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bloody mess, a racking unit fell down.
So I went for a bit of breakfast, to find there was no bread. so.

DSCF0025.JPG

As I had the mixer out and I knew a friend was coming over I made scones.

DSCF0024.JPG

But you can not live on bread alone.

DSCF0026.JPG

Something very different today, the year R playground have needed new mud and sand pits for a while and I've finally got school to let me rebuild them properly instead of making wooden frames that rot away in a few years, last week I ripped out the rotten sleepers (some are oak and have been put aside for turning) and set the footings for both, this morning I managed to motivate myself to get up early and go get started, here they are so far
20240925_181716.jpgIMG-20241005-WA0002.jpeg20241005_104038.jpg20241005_115701.jpg20241005_130646.jpg20241005_140537.jpg
It's been a very long time since I've done any brickwork so it took a while to get going, about 6 hours to hand mix the mortar (miraculously made the exact amount needed in 1 mix) and build both pits, next will be to wrap them in some AstroTurf left over from a repair done to one of our adventure playgrounds and cap the pits off with decking boards, they should look really good when done.

I can't speak for your school's Senior Management Team, Stig, but our prep school ruled out masonry for pits because of the (relatively) sharp edges of breeze block, compared to 'timmer'. The point was raised that, given the function of the pits, ickle kidlewinkles would be in direct contact leaning into them that clothes - and epidermis - would get scratched and damaged....ever had to face an irate mother?
You.may find you will be asked to 'rim' the top edge in timber to avert the Management Team actually having to placate said bad-tempered Mommas....you have been warned! 😎😄

I can't speak for your school's Senior Management Team, Stig, but our prep school ruled out masonry for pits because of the (relatively) sharp edges of breeze block, compared to 'timmer'. The point was raised that, given the function of the pits, ickle kidlewinkles would be in direct contact leaning into them that clothes - and epidermis - would get scratched and damaged....ever had to face an irate mother?
You.may find you will be asked to 'rim' the top edge in timber to avert the Management Team actually having to placate said bad-tempered Mommas....you have been warned! 😎😄
I think that's what the astro turf and decking boards a for 😉

Didn’t Stig just mention Astro turf cladding and deck board topping?

Edit: must read full thread before replying…

As Pat and Paul state above, the pits will be wrapped in AstroTurf and capped with decking boards, no sharp / scratchy edges and it will look good 😜😜😜😜

Back