Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of things I finished recently.
A table for my mother, to put her cup of coffee on next to her chair when she is watching.... dare I even say it... Emmerdale (oh the horror...😱).
The wood is Pau Rosa. This is probably the most beautiful timber I have ever worked with but, man oh man, it is a total pain! The central column is made from a single plank, cut in to eight strips with the correct bevel and then "folded" round to make appearance of a solid piece of wood. It is very very hard so you have to keep sharpening cutting tools. The upside to that is that you can sand it to mirror finish. I used tung oil to finish it but I'm not happy with the result (probably my lack of skill). I may re-sand it and just wax it.

I also made some toy dogs for my 2 year old great niece and nephew (twins). Mostly Linden wood; ya gotta use offcuts for something :)
Love the dogs!

Just knocked up a carved sign for a mates gun shop, wood is local monterey cypress, came out ok I reckon.
1000016652.jpg

Scotch bonnet
Habenero
Ghost (naga moriche)
Armageddon
Chocolate habenero

And milder varieties In another greenhouse and outside

Last edited:
Scotch bonnet
Habenero
Ghost (naga moriche)
Armageddon
Chocolate habenero

And milder varieties I'm another greenhouse ang outside
Great choices, I'm a diehard Scotch Bonnet fan, wonderful when home-grown, they add a huge amount of depth to whatever they're added to, not just heat.

Latest posts

Back