Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A set of Coasters and a storage box made from Spalted Oak......The Oak came from my mates garden, so I made this to give back to him....😁

It matches a mitred box I made for him out of the same wood a couple of years back....

20240809_112137.jpg

20240809_112233.jpg

20240809_112059.jpg

20240809_112253.jpg

20240809_112333.jpg

This is the box I made back then..... https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/post-a-photo-of-the-last-thing-you-made.81798/post-1551559

Last edited:
Today while the rest of you were no doubt enjoying BBQ's and beers in the sun I was repairing a rotten window :(

Won't go into detail but had to repair this quickly and reuse the glass despite the fact that a new window would probably have made more sense.

As is always the case the problem was at the bottom and a bit of filler wasn't going to sort it.

rotten bed 1.jpg

New bottom sash was needed, made that on Friday just out of softwood.

Started with this

rotten bed 2.jpg

And an hour or two later you have this

rotten bed 3.jpg

Today I spliced some new bottoms on the jambs and fitted a new front to the cill then could fit the sash and glaze it.

rotten bed 5.jpg

Coat of paint and looks as good as new

rotten bed 6.jpg

Quick poll, cill or sill :unsure:

As always Doug I am amazed at the variety of your work and am very impressed at the results you achieve. Very few people would have tackled that window and even less would have achieved such a good result, and fast as well.

Today while the rest of you were no doubt enjoying BBQ's and beers in the sun I was repairing a rotten window :(

Won't go into detail but had to repair this quickly and reuse the glass despite the fact that a new window would probably have made more sense.

As is always the case the problem was at the bottom and a bit of filler wasn't going to sort it.

View attachment 185902

New bottom sash was needed, made that on Friday just out of softwood.

Started with this

View attachment 185903

And an hour or two later you have this

View attachment 185904

Today I spliced some new bottoms on the jambs and fitted a new front to the cill then could fit the sash and glaze it.

View attachment 185905

Coat of paint and looks as good as new

View attachment 185908

Quick poll, cill or sill :unsure:
Sill

Latest posts

Back