Money's no object !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big open workshop with separate work stations, a partitioned area for resin work, shower curtain style dividers to contain majority of dust and shavings, especially around the lathe. An even bigger temperature controlled space to store my woods.
As for tools I'd probably go with new equipment, obviously a big lathe with all accessories, multiple chucks for anything I'm ever likely to need, full range of turning tools, 2 bandsaws because im lazy and dont want to change out blades if I dont have to, one for rough cutting/ripping and one for more detailed/accurate work, a whole station for shaping and sharpening that will probably have 2 or 3 bench grinders with different grit wheels and a Robert Sorby pro edge.
As money is no object there's one thing none of you seem to have considered, an assistant to help and keeps everything clean and tidy in its place.
That's a part of the job, surely?

A Festool Domino for Every Room so I always have one to hand. A sharpening wing with every made and model of edge honing. A wall of veritas jigs I will never use. The whole catalogue of Woodpecker kit. Then I can be sure to spend longer fettling machines and sharpening than ever making any furniture.

Honestly I am pretty well set up, just more space and a good spindle moulder. Then maybe a CNC to not spend any time learning and use as an auxiliary work/storage bench.

Buy an estate with it's own private trout stream,(browns only) pay someone to look after it and invite all the guys I have fished with over the years to come and stay in the lodges on the estate, also invite owners of other trout river properties to fish and have reciprocal arrangements with them, travel between them by helicopter when not on my yacht.

Latest posts

Back