Is there a definitive pillar drill - new or used - that is better than the Bosch PBD40 for the same money?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Rohm Supra chuck did you get.l have a Bosch PD40 and was thinking of replacing the chuck.Did you have much difficulty getting the original chuck off.
I used the Röhm Supra 871050 - and, yes, the old chuck wasn't the easiest thing to remove, I fitted a large hex key in the chuck (small end of the 'L' in the chuck) and then a steel tube over the other end for leverage. A couple of taps on the pipe with a hammer plus a lot of sweat and it eventually started to undo.

Last edited:
I used the Röhm Supra 871050 - and, yes, the old chuck wasn't the easiest thing to remove, I fitted a large hex key in the chuck (small end of the 'L' in the chuck) and then a steel tube over the other end for leverage. A couple of taps on the pipe with a hammer plus a lot of sweat and it eventually started to undo.

Okay thanks for the info will have to give it a try.cheers

JPG, if you decide to buy the Bosch and can wait a few weeks, then buy one in the Amazon Black Friday sale. IIRC,I saved 60-70 pounds last year when I bought one. Apparently, it gets reduced every Black Friday.
I agree, I bought one last year and think it was just under £200. I've been very happy with it.

Back