Interior drill holes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antifoul2020

Established Member
Reaction score
Do the percentage of scrollers use a pillar drill or a hand held battery one
For all of the interior drill holes I have a dremel and was thinking about purchasing a
Dremel drill stand

Do the percentage of scrollers use a pillar drill or a hand held battery one
For all of the interior drill holes I have a dremel and was thinking about purchasing a
Dremel drill stand
I normally use a pin chuck in a normal cordless drill, if the work is really delicate and needs a very small hole i use a mini drill (like a dremel). :)

I use the mini pillar drill from Proxxon after trying the Dremel drill stand which was not well built and repeatedly taking the Dremel out and putting it back in caused excessive wear and tear.
Hope this helps,
Eric

I have just got one of these mini ones from Aim Tools in Luton.
Saves me going in the shed as it's about a foot high, small enough to sit on my desk.
Mine is supposedly a refurbished return and was half price, £36! But came wrapped in the box with all the bits and pieces like new.
High speed for small bits, three belt positions giving up to 8500rpm and variable speed via a pot on the side.
The chuck is good for bits down to 0.3mm and is a taper fit so should be able to get a collet chuck to fit if necessary.
And it is cast iron, not alloy.
Only has one inch of quill travel, but the whole assembly can be moved up and down the pillar, so max distance from chuck to table is about 7 inches.
Very pleased with it, especially at that price.
It's Katsu, well made and very accurate.
To be honest I would say it is still good value at the full price.
Why returned? One story is that because it looks like a "proper" pillar drill people order one thinking what a bargain at 70 odd quid, not realising it is actually tiny.
Bit like the people who buy a set of garden furniture at a bargain price, not realising it is actually for a dolls house!

Attachments

• Untitled-1-01_1600x.png
    Untitled-1-01_1600x.png
    447.5 KB
Last edited:
Do you have the name of that drill press
Or brand Jaco
Regards

It is an Eurasia (marketed in SA, not sure of rest of world.)
Bought in year 2000 for ZAR350.00
Induction motor and 3 speeds belt-on-pulleys.
Probably one of the best purchases for a workshop when drilling wood or metal.
Made an adjustable table from ply with 2 fences that also adjust, great for repeat drilling.
The light is not mounted on the drill, stands on own.
Drilling longer work, then the drill is moved to the workbench.
Eurasia-1-2000.jpg
Eurasia-2.jpg

Back