Hi guys!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootstrap bill

Reaction score
Hi guys, just here to introduce myself! I'm bill live in Lincolnshire and spend too much time in the shed playing with my vintage lathe!
I've joined up hoping to get some advice on lathe electronics as mine has died which forum or where would be best to ask?

Hi guys, just here to introduce myself! I'm bill live in Lincolnshire and spend too much time in the shed playing with my vintage lathe!
I've joined up hoping to get some advice on lathe electronics as mine has died which forum or where would be best to ask?
What sort of lathe? I replaced the dead motor on my Myford Mystro Mk2 with a matched 3ph motor and VFD from Newton Tesla. Worth looking at their motor/VFD matched packages to give you a nicer turning experience.

What sort of lathe? I replaced the dead motor on my Myford Mystro Mk2 with a matched 3ph motor and VFD from Newton Tesla. Worth looking at their motor/VFD matched packages to give you a nicer turning experience.
It's an Arundel K series, a beast of a thing! The motor is fine it needs a new starter box which is confusing me beyond belief!

It's an Arundel K series, a beast of a thing! The motor is fine it needs a new starter box which is confusing me beyond belief!
You could do worse than contacting Newton Tesla, they do all sorts of electronics for lathes/mills.

Back