Hello from Sunderland (NE)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Adamson

Reaction score
Hi all,

Keen DIYer, plumbing & heating by trade (no longer work in that trade), always been into making stuff ever since a little boy spending time in my dads workshop using his metalworking lathe, milling machines etc. I currently work in sheet metal fabrication and engineering. I’ve always had a keen interest in wood working from making a (very rough) model of the titanic when I was a young lad with my grandad and even at school in D&T.

Recently I built some wardrobes from scratch including drawers, shaker (faker shaker) style doors from MRMDF which I’m sure people will cringe at that with not being ‘wood’ but let’s face it the price of materials today it’s only making it ever more difficult to get hold of decent material. After building those I bought my self a decent miter saw, extraction unit, palm router etc. I already had a table saw (job-site saw) from a previous project where I converted a van to a camper van and made the table and units from birch plywood. I’m now getting right into the flow of turning my garage into a hobby workshop and hope to start building some more stuff, starting with a load of workshop units for storage.

So that’s a short story of me and how I got into woodworking, thought I would join here as it seems to be full of knowledgeable people to share ideas and knowledge to help me learn and grow my skills. So everyone!

Il attach some photos of the above projects encase anyone’s interested, apologies if this is the wrong thread for this post please let me know and il remove it. Thanks Dan
IMG_6805.jpeg
IMG_6807.jpeg
IMG_6980.jpeg
IMG_5597.jpeg
IMG_5611.jpeg
IMG_2112.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg
IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_2113.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpeg
    IMG_6801.jpeg