Bevel edge/ chamfer edge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a way,a simple one,to cut a 25° bevel or chamfer edge along the length on a 4x1" piece of wood? It's for either side of a ridge bord for a green house!!
Managed to sort the problem,thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Please tell us how?
Ok,it's not perfect,but,it's only a greenhouse! What I did was,I have router,and had a chamfer bit,I think it's 45°,so I chamfered the edge with that,but,it didn't chamfer the whole edge,so what was left was hand planed,then sanded,also used a stanley knife blade to knock down any roundnes in the edge! I have support pieces,25°,so rested the boards on them and butted it against the ridge plate sides,and that seems to give a good result!

Attachments

• 20240928_140643.jpg
    20240928_140643.jpg
    983.2 KB
Great job. Basically you used the 45 cut as a guide(and to remove waste) when planing your 25. Love solutions that use either 1. Just have at it 2. A plan using what you've got. Every tricky job is one or the other.

Great job. Basically you used the 45 cut as a guide(and to remove waste) when planing your 25. Love solutions that use either 1. Just have at it 2. A plan using what you've got. Every tricky job is one or the other.
Basically yeah,that's what I did,it's not perfect,but,it will be more that adequate,and happy with result! Getting excited to complete whole greenhouse,first time doing one!

Use tanalised timber. likely to be rough sawn. plane the chamfer. Any seal to the ridge board is likely to be overall flashing over ridge and these boards..

Use tanalised timber. likely to be rough sawn. plane the chamfer. Any seal to the ridge board is likely to be overall flashing over ridge and these boards..
Tanalised used throughout,is there a flashing that can be fit or moulded to the shape of the ridge board and plates?

Latest posts

Back