Bevel edge/ chamfer edge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a way,a simple one,to cut a 25° bevel or chamfer edge along the length on a 4x1" piece of wood? It's for either side of a ridge bord for a green house!!
Managed to sort the problem,thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Please tell us how?
Ok,it's not perfect,but,it's only a greenhouse! What I did was,I have router,and had a chamfer bit,I think it's 45°,so I chamfered the edge with that,but,it didn't chamfer the whole edge,so what was left was hand planed,then sanded,also used a stanley knife blade to knock down any roundnes in the edge! I have support pieces,25°,so rested the boards on them and butted it against the ridge plate sides,and that seems to give a good result!

Attachments

• 20240928_140643.jpg
    20240928_140643.jpg
    983.2 KB
Great job. Basically you used the 45 cut as a guide(and to remove waste) when planing your 25. Love solutions that use either 1. Just have at it 2. A plan using what you've got. Every tricky job is one or the other.

Great job. Basically you used the 45 cut as a guide(and to remove waste) when planing your 25. Love solutions that use either 1. Just have at it 2. A plan using what you've got. Every tricky job is one or the other.
Basically yeah,that's what I did,it's not perfect,but,it will be more that adequate,and happy with result! Getting excited to complete whole greenhouse,first time doing one!

Latest posts

Back