Auction at Pughs ledbury this Saturday Aug 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger,
I'll be there in spirit , - and on the 'phone but won't be after your elm!
Got a long standing family thing to go to, can't get out of it and keep my nuts intact.... :evil: :roll:
Martin

Well if you two are bidding I don't stand a chance! By myself at the weekend so if I get bored I might pop up.

Dave

I'm very tempted - although my parents are down for the weekend so I'll have to play it by ear. I assume that you will be there from 10am Roger?

Cheers,
C

I'm not going but if anyone fancies buying me a boot load of figured walnut then just shout. You can deliver, I don't mind. :lol:

Good plan and then once you've been to Kent you can swing by Yorkshire. There's tea and a biccy in it for you - just the one mind

I would love to go but I fear that I won't be able to. All our funds are going towards a holiday at the moment, so not a lot spare for essentials like wood! If I can find a few coppers (looking down the back of the settee now) I will go, and wear my badge.

Pete, the best route would indeed be M5 then M50. Easy to get there from the M50.

Bob

cambournepete":3kszztvd said:
I might be able to make this one...
What's the best route from the Bristol area - M5/M50 or through Gloucester?

M5 Junction 9

A438 via. Tewkesbury takes you straight to Ledbury.

Alternatively there's the pretty way:

M5 to Gloucester (Junction 12 or 11, doesn't make a lot of difference) then A417 straight to Ledbury.

wizer":yry6g4xc said:
.... You can deliver, I don't mind. :lol:

Sure...no problem...I'll be en-route to Andy (Dedee) to take some oak for him from the auction before swinging on through Poland to drop off some yew for Niki then back in time to jump on a plane and take over some sycamore for G1 :wink:

Ironballs":2ey6lhoc said:
There's tea and a biccy in it for you - just the one mind
Now that's Yorkshire for you...make a small detour to Salisbury and there'd be a two plain choco digestives awaiting. An offer not to be refused :wink: - Rob

I went. I looked. I bought a bit as an investment purchase - aka so green that it'll be a few years before I can do anything with it. The majority of the wood was very green, to be honest. Relatively lower turnout but prices held up well.

Ron - my neighbour - was pretty pleased since much of the stuff was from him. If you ever wondered what the two letters were on each lot - they're the initials of the seller.

Nice Startrite bandsaw - wonder how many will suss that it was 3 phase :wink:

Just found this thread tonight - AFTER the auction... :evil:

Wish I'd found it yesterday... How do you / we find out about the next one? I have family in Ledbury - could perhaps get them to buy / store stuff for me!

Mailman14":qmeihjmo said:
Just found this thread tonight - AFTER the auction... :evil:

Wish I'd found it yesterday... How do you / we find out about the next one? I have family in Ledbury - could perhaps get them to buy / store stuff for me!

Check out the website or get on their email listing although this time the announcement came out too late for most people. Apparently Pughs changed to another company to send out the emails. Think the next isn't until October.

Hi all,
Nearly had an accident as the lots I was after came up as I was on the motorway to London so had to pull over a bit sharpish to take the call. :oops:
Managed to buy a nice 66 and got the 444 dovetail plane and some carving tools. Its not the same as being there though.
Ceers,
Martin

mahking51":24pnw0oz said:
Hi all,
Nearly had an accident as the lots I was after came up as I was on the motorway to London so had to pull over a bit sharpish to take the call. :oops:
Managed to buy a nice 66 and got the 444 dovetail plane and some carving tools. Its not the same as being there though.
Ceers,
Martin

Did you place a max bid with Pughs then or did you have someone there?

Hi Roger,
No they call me on my mobile when the lot before comews up and I get them to bid live for me. retty tense on the 444 at £***'s though.
Martn

mahking51":1j7zeusk said:
Hi Roger,
No they call me on my mobile when the lot before comews up and I get them to bid live for me. retty tense on the 444 at £***'s though.
Martn

Come on then Martin - spill the beans. How much did the 444 set you back????

Cheers

Karl

Back