Anyone got a Record Sabre 350 / 450 bandsaw or know the type and size of the slots ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
If you have one of these are the slots now usable with mainstream mitre gauges or are we still stuck with that Record excuse for a mitre gauge ? Can anyone provide the slot dimensions as I am contemplating getting a sabre table for my BS400 if they now have decent slots.

Sorry for delay - rain stopped play. :) Mitre slots are 19.2 x 10mm. The mitre gauge I bought is the 'Incra Miter 1000' - being totally honest, I find it to be a little on the large side for the table, but hard to tell unless you can try before you buy.

Thanks for that info, it looks like Record have changed the slots in the table as I have a Kreg mitre gauge that does not fit my BS400 and that has the same rail as many other American products such as the Incra. The BS 400 slots are just rectangular with no T shape. Next part is to find out if the Sabre table will fit a BS400 so I can have the same slots.

Having re-measured the BS400 the slots are just 14mm wide, the 19mm or 3/4 slots in the sabre range allow all the american and more common mitre gauges to be used.

I have the bs 400 and it’s so frustrating that the mitre slot is not a standard 19 mm / 3/4” I did think about having slot milled out but don’t think it was feasible.. interesting idea re changing the table though 🤔🤔

Latest posts

Back