20mm Bench dogs and 20mm hole sizes??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, getting MFT tops made by someone with a CNC is by far the better option. You can pretty much guarantee they will be far more accurate without the risk of introducing any error.

I suppose it depends on how often you think you are going to need to make replacements ....?

I've had my 1200mm x 2400mm top for years now and it gets used extensively ( as you can see from the picture below) and I consider it as sacrificial and I still haven't found the need to flip it over yet and start using the underside......

View attachment 184550
Excellent, but, living in a very rural part of SW Cornwall, it is difficult enough to get decent sheet goods (Cornwall is mostly omitted from delivery options). I would probably have more luck finding gold doubloons than a CNC capable of a full sheet of 20mm holes lol

As suggested above - leave the dogs as they are if you want to use them in a ready made MFT top.
Axminster sell a tool which may help you with the hole size: "UJK Parf System Reamer for 20mm Holes". Although it has some mixed reviews.
i second this, the reamer is a great tool, i think the bad reviews come from people inacurately drilling their holes, ive had no problems with mine, however im aware they could have been sent a faulty product. the quality of the 20mm holes depends on the method of drilling and quality of the bit used. the bit supplied in the parf system i got was very good, and the jig ensured straight holes.sometimes the holes can swell after use by moisture or finish dripping in, and the reamer does a good job of cleaning them up.

Back